Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I ask all to refrain from personal attacks.

Please debate the topic and not the posters.

Thanx for your support.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

This seems like the work of Beswift to me.

If you want to read something interesting on the skiing vs. snowboarding thing, read the intro section of Feb. Powder Mag. It is written by the editor Tom Bie.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Naaah. I know that guy's M.O. and this isn't it. There would be a lot more personal invective and self-aggrandization involved if it were that jmoke.

Oh, and he wouldn't be around enough to reach a post count of as much as 5. I'd make sure of that.

I have a pass at SB. I ski MRG about a dozen times a year with my friends who are shareholders. I say let 'em do what they want. If they allowed snowboarders what would we have to complain about? Maybe snowmaking and the weather? How about the fact that the Paradise deli has been out of tomatoes for over a week now!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Nope. Don't know beswift.
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

My Fellow snowboarders --- more than likely, you will die with the snowboard ban @ MRG in place. Getting all pissy at skiers who are welcomed their won't do anything but get you all frustrated and angry. And it is also counterproductive. MRG has every legal right to ban snow boarders. The only way to change this ban is to change the attitudes skiers have towards us. Name calling will just lead those in power to believe we are truly a moral hazard and therefore, their ban on our presence, in their minds will be completely justified. Rather, those in power have to identify with us. They have to become outraged that we're not allowed to do what they can do. They will only become outraged if they care about us. They will only care about us if we're cute and/or likeable, or if they could see that many of us want the same thing they do --- challenging terrain, no-frills environment, relaxed atmosphere, something outside the mainstream.

The argument that MRG's snowboard ban is a "discrimination" on par with racial discrimination is as stupid as the argument snowboarders would derail the single. It is painful to see these competeing idioticies play out. MRG does not want snowbaorders. They have the legal right to exclude snowboarders.

However, just because it's legal, don't make it right.

The final straw....

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    How about the fact that the Paradise deli has been out of tomatoes for over a week now!
    ....that's it. I denounce the valley.....and shall leave permanently for K-mart, where you can get ripe tomatoes 24/7. Ciao, all !

Quote Originally Posted by Big Game
    idioticies
    Uh, you're not helping our case much here BG. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

What next?

Is the Paradise REALLY out of tomatoes...or do they just not let tomatoes in the store anymore...cause, you know...they're so...colorful.

And...will you people get over the racism thing. I am just making the point of how wrong it is to make a policy banning a whole group of people based on the actions of a few...due to the oft repeated rationale by you folks that "the snowboarders brought the ban on themselves" - referring to the original lesser primates who used curse words (oh no) with B.P. YEARS ago and kicked this whole thing off.

Yes - we realize y'all are never gonna change...thus the attitude you are receiving from more open-minded people...get used to it if you are going to live in the dark ages forever...like so many have said here - "it's our choice and private property and we can do it if we want to".

And Strat - nobody is hurting any cause...I tried being nice and showing the "good" side of us OOC snowboarders for many moons and then it became clear to me that this little clique was permanent, so I'm giving the the requisite S*** for it, that's all.

And the bugs continue to leap!

Train Wreck!
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman
    Train Wreck!
    Wow...how original..did you think of that all by yourself?

Check your snow, it's all running down the river tonight...into the Sugarbush snowmaking pond.

Never said it was original. I stole it! Bugs and fire? Nope! It's just a Train Wreck!

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    idioticies
    It's a word. I think. Oh, come on, give me some creative license.

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    idioticies
    It's a word. I think. Oh, come on, give me some creative license.
    "....S-iiiiingin' in the rain...., just s-iiiiiingin' in the rain.....
    ....What a gl-oooorious feelin'....."

of course there is the all time classic, "It's Not Easy Being Green"...
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce