Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

They are listening and it is good!

As shown by the Snowmaking thread, the management is listening to us. Freedom of options are what make this country so great. I am glad that they are listening and gave us an educated response. Thanks.

At times is would be nice if a MT representative did post up-dates like are added to the Fish Wrap.

Doing my snow dance!

On a side note. Is there anyway to add spell check to this forum?

Meanwhile...

The skiing was great this weekend! I can't believe what a difference 6 inches of the real stuff made...I hit one of the first few chairs up the North Lynx (No sign of the Trumps!) AND ENJOYED A BEAUTIFUL ,virtually untracked, run down Morningstar (I think it is Morningstar- the one under the chair)! I skied with the family a few times on Birch and I must say I did like the half groomed half ungroomed approach! Tried a few of the glades and they were pretty good too!

No Crowds! I think if conditions are good this is usually one of the best weekends in terms of crowd size...

Despite the claim in another thread that skiing sucked, I asked a lot of people, today. Almost all said that it was a great day, and today they were adding that the whole weekend was great. I had only asked about the day.

Nobody said that it was poor.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Posted in both threads:

I have split the two parts of this thread. The one that talks about Mad River, I have moved to the Mad River room.

I have no irons in this fight, and really don't care, but it shouldn't be in someone else's thread. You may continue your conversation over there.

Again, please use respectful language. You may disagree as strongly as you wish, but that should be on the Mad River Glen site, not ours.

Thanx for your support.

This from freeheel_skier

The following from freeheel skier was mistakenly moved when I moved the Mad River v Snowboard parts of the thread.

At ME they were pounding cliffs and exterminator all weekend! Kudos to the snowmakers and groomers! On a side note today I saw a couple of the snowmaking guys sliding down the hill to the base on shovels(?) Looked like fun!

Not sure who would say that it sucked this weekend. It was fantastic skiing all day Saturday. Got a little skied off on the Rock, but it was delicious in the morning. For a change, North Lynx had the longest liftline of the day. Never seen that before. For the most part, some very nice snow was being blown on Steins (and very quietly I might add). I did run into a few guns that had blown out some absolute garbage, but 75% of what was coming out was light and dry (by manmade standards at least). They were crushing Ripcord all weekend long too.

Looks like the mountain is now pretty much set up to go full on for the rest of the season. Now if we can only get some more natural snow to continue to soften things up and build base depths, that would be nice. Woods are still a little thin in many places, though definitely ready to go in others.

I think we should all thank Arc 1, not that he has the pull.......

He was saying last week that they should pound snow on Steins and Ripcord. Well they did and they were a lot of fun. A little help from Mother Nature has also lightened the mood a ton from those reporting in. A little more snow today and maybe more during the week. Keep the snow dances going.

I may have more leverage than you think, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by 2planker
    I think we should all thank Arc 1, not that he has the pull.......

He was saying last week that they should pound snow on Steins and Ripcord. Well they did and they were a lot of fun. A little help from Mother Nature has also lightened the mood a ton from those reporting in. A little more snow today and maybe more during the week. Keep the snow dances going.
    Anyhow, thanks aren't necessary, but beer at the Mushroom works. The skiing is so much better. The boy must be pumped, eh? Nice job by him!

It was a good weekend for a lot of Diamond Dogs, including your son. Now that they are blowing snow on Cliffs people on GMX will appreciate the great bump skiers that Sugarbush is developing. A cold one will be waiting for you next weekend!

LI, NY weekdays, Warren VT weekends NOV-MAY

Credit where credit is due

Seems like they are listening, and rip, stien's and NL were all great!!

Exterminator skied well too! Great job snowmakers!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Re: Credit where credit is due

Quote Originally Posted by Volkl Skier
    Seems like they are listening, and rip, stien's and NL were all great!!
    While I'd like to think SB buckled to our collective will, I think it's far more likely that this was always in their plan and they simply needed a spell of cold weather after X-Mas week to get to it. Regardless of motivation, the mountain skied fantastic this weekend just about everywhere. Great job getting everything open and in good shape considering that it hasn't been a banner early season.

Rumor I heard is that it isn't always good that they are listening.

Depends on who is talking, and what they say.
    You will only find me where I never can be.

Good to hear that they may be listening...but as pointed out, be careful what is said

Conditions

Thank Hardy Merrill. He pulled MT Ellen together so nicely last year that they put him in charge of both mountains this year. The guy busts his a** and the results are under our skis.