Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Looks like it's time for....

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    ...the chamber of commerce to add Sledding to the winter activity list for the valley.
    Done! http://www.madrivervalley.com/activi...owmobiling.htm
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Why was the sledding link posted within the snowmobiling section? I would think that it would fit better under snowshoeing or under its own category (especially since sledding is sometimes used to denote snowmobiling).

I ride a Mad River Rocket and am interested in backcountry tree sledding. Any suggestions for sledding/snowshoeing adventures that are beyond the golf course? Curious as to where Clearwater brings people.

Quote Originally Posted by chappa
    Why was the sledding link posted within the snowmobiling section? I would think that it would fit better under snowshoeing or under its own category (especially since sledding is sometimes used to denote snowmobiling).

I ride a Mad River Rocket and am interested in backcountry tree sledding. Any suggestions for sledding/snowshoeing adventures that are beyond the golf course? Curious as to where Clearwater brings people.
    Good observation. I have made the change and you should see it later tonight. As far as sledding.... again, Lincoln Gap Rd. Snowshoe up from where they stop plowing and sled down. Clearwater has a really nice moonlit snowshoe to a remote cabin where you eat a gourmet dinner and snowshoe back out. Awesome. Check their website for schedules and options.

Re: Looks like it's time for....

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    ...the chamber of commerce to add Sledding to the winter activity list for the valley.
    Done! http://www.madrivervalley.com/activi...owmobiling.htm
    Wow. I said things and they appeared on the mad river valley website. I feel special.

That hill behind Moretown School is definitely far from a "little hill" though. It's quite monstrous.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

The Lincoln Gap road has been on my list for a while. I'll make sure I get out there soon. Same with the hill at the Moretown School. Thanks for the recommendations.

Boston Globe travel article on sledding the Gap

Re: Boston Globe travel article on sledding the Gap

Yoda is a great cat. She has worked here as long as I have (9 years) but has turned a bit lazy in the mousing department. Ever since being featured in Cat Fancy, and now the Globe she seems disinclined to continue mousing....

Quote Originally Posted by chappa
    I ride a Mad River Rocket and am interested in backcountry tree sledding.
    That just doesn't sound safe...

Have you seen the commercials for the rocket? They show them in the woods and terrain parks.

Is it dangerous? Is skiing or riding in the woods?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Have you seen the commercials for the rocket? They show them in the woods and terrain parks.

Is it dangerous? Is skiing or riding in the woods?
    I haven't seen the commercials for it. I just think that it is easier to control skis than a sled. Then again I'm thinking of big old wooden toboggans and snow tubes. I've never actually been in a Rocket.

Have you seen the pix on their site?

Note: I have no affiliation with the Mad River Rocket.

I do not own a Mad River Rocket.

I simply typed "Mad River Rocket" into my search engine and it was the first non-paid for link that came up.

This post does not constitute spam.

Of course, if Mad River Rocket wanted to give me a Mad River Rocket...

There are some killer pix there, tho.

I couldn't help but think of someone riding one today.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Someone should try to use one for pond skimming this year. I wonder if Sugarbush would let them...

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Someone should try to use one for pond skimming this year. I wonder if Sugarbush would let them...
    Now that would be interesting!
    Brian

Interesting Sledding development....

....a sled park !

http://www.valleyreporter.com/index....=796&Itemid=38