Thread: MRG Opening

MRG Opening

Did anyone go yesterday?

How was it?

Well, I didn't get out yesterday, and though I did sneak in a couple runs today, it seems in poor taste for the MRG employee to plug the conditions here. Instead here's the link to yesterday's ISR posting.

http://www.madriverglen.com/forums/v...697f619ff65e2c

Skied sunday....very nice....

....with, as mentioned the thin cover issue. Hit some sweet fresh moss, and looked with jealousy at Saturday's tracks. Found one ribbon untracked....got three turns in. No complaints.

Good opening day

Interesting day. There was a lift line at 8:15 before it opened to only come down to find no line for the next two hours. The MT had been very skied by skiner/hikers the day before. Then at 10:30 someone opened the coralls and lots of people. Only to have them go away again till 12:30. The rest of day had all but no lines.

Lots of freshies to be found. But the MT did open and then close things all day. One note: in between the newly made bumps was bare ground in almost all natural trails, where at Sugarbush it was a lot more covered. I am thinking that since Sugarbush was open Friday and got skied in then got that 8 inches after closing that it helped to even out the terain/snow. Did get to be one of the first off Paridice jump before it was closed.