Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slidebrook

Hey Tinny,

Thanks for the congrats. I am pysched to focus on the Catamount Trail and Green Mountain backcountry skiing full-time.

October storm damage was augmented by many of the wind events we had in November too. Elevation doesn't seem to be a factor, there's random stuff down all over the place. The LT from Paradise to CR is really bad, with no room for glide on the downhills. Not that is matters too much anymore. Rumble was also shut down in spots.

Other spots that I've seen stuff down are on the main SB tour lines, although the OB crew has been working on it. Most of the maintained stuff at South was re-cleaned after the damage by Adrienne and the trail crew, so this should be good as soon as the snow is.

I haven't had time to do much venturing, so I don't know much more than that right now. With all this snow coming though, I might have some more up-to-date info soon.

John

John

bump
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

We need the proper cover on the Slidebrook roads for for any emergency evacuation before we can run the Slidebrook Express. This is not only our decision but must meet the Tram Authority specifications. Once it is there we will run it weekends and Holidays!

Wow, Seems like you guys are geting more oversite regarding the chairs, then Airlines get from the FAA, and NSTB.

My theory on Slidebrook, is that anybody who has any buisness taking an unguided descent, is going to be able to be responsible for themselves, and will probably be environmentally responsible for that matter. Anybody, who gets into it, and can't handle it, and is unprepared, is Stupid.

As far as the Patrol Charging for Rescues, People make honest mistakes, People Screw up, and it isn't like Slidebrook is that far in the back country, that the patrol has to take any uncessary risks to mount a search and rescue. (Slide Brook, no more than 2 miles from civ, No Avys, Easily Accessible,)
    I know patrollers who play around in slidebrook off duty all the time, as well, so if they are going to charge, they should practice what they preach.

And , just the fact the terrain is OB, is going to keep most people off of it. So, as long as they don't Incourage it or Discourage it, deserving skiers will find their way to it.

If you don't want to pay for a rescue off the resort, you don't have to call for one.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike451
    Wow, Seems like you guys are geting more oversite regarding the chairs, then Airlines get from the FAA, and NSTB.

My theory on Slidebrook, is that anybody who has any buisness taking an unguided descent, is going to be able to be responsible for themselves, and will probably be environmentally responsible for that matter. Anybody, who gets into it, and can't handle it, and is unprepared, is Stupid.

As far as the Patrol Charging for Rescues, People make honest mistakes, People Screw up, and it isn't like Slidebrook is that far in the back country, that the patrol has to take any uncessary risks to mount a search and rescue. (Slide Brook, no more than 2 miles from civ, No Avys, Easily Accessible,)
    I know patrollers who play around in slidebrook off duty all the time, as well, so if they are going to charge, they should practice what they preach.

And , just the fact the terrain is OB, is going to keep most people off of it. So, as long as they don't Incourage it or Discourage it, deserving skiers will find their way to it.
    Encourage...........

Charge for rescues!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."