Miscellaneous Discussion Forum?

The Miscellaneous Forum on AZ is the second most popular forum there. We have the general MRV forum here, but that should be limited to discussing the valley. Should we create a Miscellanous forum for discussing non-skiing, non-MRV topics? I believe we'll take the same approach as AZ and disallow politics if we decide to proceed here. Thoughts?

Misc. forum

Perhaps a Misc. Heading, with link over to sister/parent forum Misc at AZ? Did that make any sense?
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I think we can sort of leave that sort of thing to AlpineZone... I mean, the things that brought us all together here are Sugarbush and the Valley, doesn't really seem like there would be much else that would be appropriate to discuss here besides those things, no? I mean, I know you could make the same argument for AlpineZone, but this being a specialized offshoot of the zone, it seems that this is not really a place meant for random discussion... just my $.02.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    I think we can sort of leave that sort of thing to AlpineZone... I mean, the things that brought us all together here are Sugarbush and the Valley, doesn't really seem like there would be much else that would be appropriate to discuss here besides those things, no? I mean, I know you could make the same argument for AlpineZone, but this being a specialized offshoot of the zone, it seems that this is not really a place meant for random discussion... just my $.02.
    Thanks Strat. You do make a very good point. I suppose I could add an anchor link to the AZ Misc forum like noski suggested. Too bad the user accounts couldn't easily be shared...

Most forums have a place for "other".

That said, I have no problem using the zone misc discussion area.

For those registered at the Alpine Zone it is only a click away. For those not, why not? A good place to talk about other than Sugarbush.

(And, after all, we have to keep The Sugarbush Thread alive, over there.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

the trip to AZ

I clicked on the link for misc discussion and it was like going thru the Stargate.

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce