One of these things is not like the other....

According to SnoCountry.com:

Killington: 60 Trails open
    Oscremo: 55 trails open
    Stratton: 50 trails
    Sugarbush: 9 trails open
    Mount Snow: 46 trails open.

:blink:

Any explanations here?

Ground reports?

Re: One of these things is not like the other....

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    According to SnoCountry.com:

Killington: 60 Trails open
    Oscremo: 55 trails open
    Stratton: 50 trails
    Sugarbush: 9 trails open
    Mount Snow: 46 trails open.

:blink:

Any explanations here?

Ground reports?

27 Trails open for tomorrow when Lincoln Peak opens....not sure where 9 came from Probably what was open today at Mt. Ellen. All other mountains south of Sugarbush. I just watched local weather and saw a report of much more snow south of MRV.... (welcome!)
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

27 with South? Still way below everyone else... Except Mad River.

I think it is because Sugarbush doesn't care about early skiers. Smuggs has 11 and Sugarbush 9?
    You will only find me where I never can be.

Don't quote me but I think they're saving money... seems kinda smart to me really... they're not owned by a massive cooperation and they can't just blow (literally) $200,000 in early december... they gotta save it for when it rains in January.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

When ?

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Don't quote me but I think they're saving money... seems kinda smart to me really... they're not owned by a massive cooperation and they can't just blow (literally) $200,000 in early december... they gotta save it for when it rains in January.
    When it rains ? Could we please switch that to...."if" it rains....and hopefully an iffy if....

Re: When ?

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    When it rains ? Could we please switch that to...."if" it rains....and hopefully an iffy if....
    Hehe, I'm always the pessimist...

IFFY IF it r***s. Which it won't.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

I agree with Strat. Running Slidebrook, for example, is very costly and maybe not worth it in a cost vs benefit comparison that all businesses have to do. This is not new thinking in thinking about the decision to run SB only on weekends and holidays.

Sometimes those decisions are not to popular but have to be made nonetheless. I believe the Bush is building for the future, not tomorrow, next month but next year and even five years from now. They are starting a huge base developement. Remember back a few months ago they decided to switch from starting the Claybrook developement with the Family Center to the lodging piece to start the cash flow a season quicker. Sure the Family Center would produce some revenue but not on the level that the fractional units will bring.

I can assure you that the owners of the Bush care about every skier that comes to the Bush.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

My feeling is that there is plenty to ski at Sugarbush right now (just came down from South)...and that they are being a bit more accurate in their trail count than some of our neighbors to the north. Skied Stowe on Tuesday - some of the trails that were 'open' were inaccessible or if you did ski them, you would be spending quite a bit on base repair afterwards.

That switch did raise alot of eyebrows....

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Remember back a few months ago they decided to switch from starting the Claybrook developement with the Family Center to the lodging piece to start the cash flow a season quicker. Sure the Family Center would produce some revenue but not on the level that the fractional units will bring.
    ....but the rational seems, in retrospect, sound.

One thing I never really understood was fractional units in general....who gets the prime holiday weeks ? Does each owner get "one locked owners closet" like you see in rental condos everywhere ? I guess they are big out West, and in Canada, but, despite the lower cost of admission, I struggle a bit with the cons of this this approach.

Perhaps someone out there can fill me in regarding the scheduling of who gets what weeks.....and does anyone get to jump in on "empty" weeks...and who gets to use it when that Noreaster comes charging in with 4 days of freshies ????

One of the diferences between a fractional ownership(1/4 year) vs timeshare is with a timeshare you own nothing propertywise but with the fractional plan you get a deed to your unit.

They have a separate website which answers alot of your questions

http://www.lincolnpeakvillage.com/faqs/
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.