Mad River Glen Interactive Snow Report (ISR)

I saw a preview of this last season, but I'm now seeing active links on their site about it:

Quote Originally Posted by skiforums
    Mad River Glen has long laid claim to "The Most Honest Snow Report in the Business," and now we're offering the ultimate way to back it up. MRG has created an "Interactive Snow Report" (affectionately known as the ISR) which allows skiers to respond to our snow reports each day. Each day when we have the final trail count and conditions from patrol, we'll post the snow report in the Interactive Snow Report forum. Once that's up, everybody can head to the forums and reply to the report with their reactions and opinions.

Not only that, but it's easy! There are no hoops to jump through, you don't have to login or register; you don't even have to tell us your name. Just head to the forum, click on the day that you skied, read the report, click on "Post Reply" and you're all set!

Our major goal for the Interactive Snow Report is to give skiers a forum wherein they can comment on the accuracy of our snow reports. Along those lines we would not like the forum to become an open discussion of Mad River Glen.

Please note that we are still beta-testing the forum and its look, feel and function. If you have any comments, suggestions or problems with the ISR, please don't hesitate to contact our chief snow reporter, Neal Berwick, at neal@madriverglen.com.
    http://www.madriverglen.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

Apparently, they will post ski reports in that forum and anyone can post replies. Pretty cool!

A stick in the eye....

....to those notorious players who can't seem to figure out how to report honestly....

Leave it to MRG to go against convention. I think this will be a great thing for MRG, PR-wise. Reflects well on the area's intentions....

Re: Mad River Glen Interactive Snow Report (ISR)

It actually was up last year as well, though you might be right that there weren't obvious links from the site--I can't recall. I knew the webaddress so I was able to get to it... It was a good reference, but not very many people replied to the posts by MRG. A few did here and there. Hopefully it'll be used more this year.
    -Kenny

Looks like a great idea, hopefully it gets utilized this year.

Brian

Been studying the weather data pages daily.....

.....and it really seems very useful. A resort precedent, I think, if MRG can be called a resort, to have all those official and current data maps for weather, and then tossing in skier input. Like it.