Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Found it through Alpine Zone, coincidentally at the same time I grabbed a condo in the valley. I'm new to SB, but have 40 years experience in New England skiing, and am glad to be here. I have some friends who work in MRV, and I will mainly be around weekends. See you at the Castlerock Pub. Or at the Hyde Away. Or wherever...

Jim

Looking through the logs

Found it through looking at my site logs. I kept seeing links from here and decided to check it out.
    Great resource.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

Re: Looking through the logs

Quote Originally Posted by jkvt
    Found it through looking at my site logs. I kept seeing links from here and decided to check it out.
    Great resource.
    What's your site?

1) Welcome to the board. You're right that it is a great resource for info and communication about the valley and either or both mountains.

B) What are site logs? Does that mean you run some sort of ISP, and people on that service visit here?

III) Still love to hear from anyone else, how they found the place.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Re: Looking through the logs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by jkvt
    Great resource.
    What's your site?
    http://www.valleyreporter.com (www.valleyreporter.com)
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. - A. A. Milne

[quote="Lostone"]1) Welcome to the board. You're right that it is a great resource for info and communication about the valley and either or both mountains.

B) What are site logs? Does that mean you run some sort of ISP, and people on that service visit here?

The logs for the website, to see how many people visit and where they come from, what browsers they use.

jkvt

Thanx for the info.

Yes, there are constant comments on articles from you, often with links. Like I say, I like us to be a resource, and I'm sure you feel the same about your site. This one has the (dis? )advantage of being interactive.

Again, welcome to the board. I hope you participate.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

[quote="Lostone"]Thanx for the info.

Yes, there are constant comments on articles from you, often with links. Like I say, I like us to be a resource, and I'm sure you feel the same about your site. This one has the (dis? )advantage of being interactive.

Actually I like the interactivity. We have considered making some aspects of our site more interactive. The biggest draw back being the hours it takes to patrol with our small staff, especially during the heated "he said" "she said" give and take that can happen. I am glad there is someplace like this where it can go on.

jkvt