Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hotels near sugarbush

anyone know of any decent, cheap hotels near the bush? it's going to be 4 guys staying in the room, so nothing fancy is needed, just a place to crash.

Re: hotels near sugarbush

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    anyone know of any decent, cheap hotels near the bush? it's going to be 4 guys staying in the room, so nothing fancy is needed, just a place to crash.
    We say, "economical", not cheap since that term can denote quality as well as price.... KingM can help firsthand. I am sure he will jump in here shortly....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Low cost lodging options that I have been to include:

-White Horse Inn - on German Flats Rd
    -Golden Lion on Rte 100
    -Slide Brook Lodge and Tavern ( formerly Pepper's Lodge) on German Flats Road
    -HydeAway Inn - Rte 17

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT
    Low cost lodging options that I have been to include:

-White Horse Inn - on German Flats Rd
    -Golden Lion on Rte 100
    -Slide Brook Lodge and Tavern ( formerly Pepper's Lodge) on German Flats Road
    -HydeAway Inn - Rte 17
    All good!

The other less expensive options are the Powderhound and Wait Farm, although Wait Farm is a bit further away. The most important detail I'd need to know is when you are planning to come. Everyone's rates are higher during the holiday periods, but the price range is narrower during those times. The same holds true to a lesser extent for midweek vs. weekend.

For example, Hotel X might go for 82 midweek and 112 weekend while Hotel Y goes for $119 and $139. During the holidays Hotel X might charge $139 and Hotel Y $159. Ironically, your time to splash out might be the holidays, when rates are highest across the board.

There is one chain with a cheap...whoops....economical rate in Montpelier, an Econo Lodge. I have been told that it has been recently renovated.
    It's about 20 min to the valley then another 15min or so, depending on which mountaion your headed for. I commuted to the valley for 2 years, the drive is easy and very scenic. Montpelier is a fun place to hang out after skiing too.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    There is one chain with a cheap...whoops....economical rate in Montpelier, an Econo Lodge. I have been told that it has been recently renovated.
    It's about 20 min to the valley then another 15min or so, depending on which mountaion your headed for. I commuted to the valley for 2 years, the drive is easy and very scenic. Montpelier is a fun place to hang out after skiing too.
    haha. Actually, I will research, but I don't think it is EconoLodge anymore. Renovations perhaps to new ownership...? I will check tomorrow and post. Or maybe I will conveniently forget to do it at all....

we are coming up thursday the 22nd for the 5.50 lift tickets the next day.

i'm booking a room tonight...any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    i'm booking a room tonight...any suggestions?
    I just stayed a week and a half ago at the Mad River Inn, a bed and breakfast, and was extremely happy with the room, food, and people. It's reasonably priced as well compared to other B&Bs in the area.
    -Kenny

we decided to go with the sugarbush inn since it is close and only $109 with tax. anyone ever stay there?

If not, maybe you could post your impressions?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    If not, maybe you could post your impressions?
    sure thing

Never stayed at the Sugarbush Inn but my office was there for 5 years. This is a classic Vermont inn. Great full breakfast in a nice settings. 24 hour front desk, bar/restaurant inside. Rooms are small but decently appointed. You get either 2 twins or a king. I think it's a nice place to stay. Transportation to the base area is provided.

Hey Greg.....I remember last winter when you stayed there, I told the Front Desk Manager you were an important VIP...what do you think of the Sugarbush Inn?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

the inn was nice, but the two "twin" beds were more like singles, so some of us had to hit the floor. otherwise it was a nice little hotel. the free breakfast in the morning was a huge plus too.