Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick answer is...

I don't know.

I seldom drink, so knowing what is up with the bars is not my forte.

I don't think it is because there is an Ullr Festival today and part of it was a party at the Pheonix. My guess is that if the Blue Tooth was open, they'd have had the party there.

Of course this goes into the field of supposition, which is beyond my field, as I specialize in rumors.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I'm really wondering what's going on up there. Stowe has 35 trails open today and Killington has similar numbers. In spite of several inches of new snow and 48+ hours of snowmaking temps, Sugarbush is stuck on 3 trails. Were our temps/rainfall significantly worse here than anywhere else in the state?

Check out the pics from Stowe, these are some sweet conditions: http://www.stowe.com/mountain/pod.php . On top of which today they have a $15 lift ticket special if you bring a couple of cans of food for charity.

Still uploading and downloading at North too. There's no reason they shouldn't at least be top to bottom by now. They've had natural snow and cold weather for blowing.

The site says another 4" in the last 24 hours, but still only 5 trails open.

And even less!

They have a race clinic this week, so there will only be one real trail. Skiing will be Rim Run to Rim Run. If you want another... there is Panorama.

They're saving money and telling skiers to go elsewhere.

You will only find me where I never can be.

I guess

for the moment I am not impressed. When you hear in town "never thought I would see the day Bolton has more terrain then us" you kinda have to wonder (yes they were referring to when Sbush was closed). I am heading out for my first day (shame on me) on Dec 7 and essentially there is one way down on the top (elbow closed for racing) and one way down on the bottom. Time to start making some laps. Think Snow!
    "I am a stranger in my own life"

On our side...

If Stowe did get that 2' they are talking about, then Bolton is liable to have gotten more too. Sometimes that being more nortward thing really works.

We did open a lot when we had the snow. We will again.

Remember last year? Everyone was saying it was a bad year, but I was saying it was just a bad start.

When it started...

Hopefully, this year will start a little earlier.

Got plenty of faith in Sugarbush love the place and am sure it's just a slow start. But it is kind of funny how little they have compared to others. I hope they aren't going through some financial difficulties.

Remember that when Sugarbush opens South, the trail count jumps.

And that is tomorrow!