Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Max message size

I'm not really sure what to call it, but it looks like if your message is over so many lines long it makes it into a scroll-able box inside of the main thread? I'm not sure how much I like that. IMNSHO it disrupts the flow of the message.

See this Thread for and example of what I'm talking about.

Am I the only one who finds this annoying???
    Brian

I don't see what you're talking about. Perhaps it was related to the author profile bring on the right for a bit? Is it still happening to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    I don't see what you're talking about. Perhaps it was related to the author profile bring on the right for a bit? Is it still happening to you?
    Yes, still happening on a different computer... Now I'm starting to feel crazy....
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    Yes, still happening on a different computer... Now I'm starting to feel crazy....
    Can you take a screenshot?

Sure hold on, this post has scroll bars too:
    http://www.sugarbushforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=249#249
    Brian

Here's the screen shot, sorry its kinda big.

http://www.bvibert.com/skiing/misc/screenshot.JPG

See the extra scroll bar on the right of the thread at top?
    Brian

Are you talking about the right-left scrollbar? That has to do (in the storm thread... I didn't see that in the first thread.) with the link being a solid line. It affects all subsequent posts in a thread.

I think it can be corrected by putting in a link title, so the link doesn't show. It is the same with large images, altho Greg fixed that on the Alpine Zone by limiting the image size.

If you are talking about something else, I'm not sure what it is.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Are you talking about the right-left scrollbar? That has to do (in the storm thread... I didn't see that in the first thread.) with the link being a solid line. It affects all subsequent posts in a thread.

I think it can be corrected by putting in a link title, so the link doesn't show. It is the same with large images, altho Greg fixed that on the Alpine Zone by limiting the image size.

If you are talking about something else, I'm not sure what it is.
    No not the left to right, I understand thats because of the link. Its a vertical (top to bottom) scroll bar that I'm seeing in both threads I linked.
    Brian

I can't seem to replicate this, nor can I find a setting that may resolve it. Is anyone else seeing this? B - what browser version, OS, and screen resolution are you seeing this on? Does it happen on more than one PC?

I can't seem to replicate this, nor can I find a setting that may resolve it. Is anyone else seeing this? B - what browser version, OS, and screen resolution are you seeing this on? Does it happen on more than one PC?
    Yes, one two different PCs.

Work PC
    • Browser: Firefox ver 1.0.7
    • Screen resolution: 1280x1024

Work Laptop
    • Screen resolution: 1024x768

Interesting note, it doesn't happen if I'm not logged in...
    Brian

Work PC

Work Laptop

Do you see it in IE?

Work PC

Work Laptop

Do you see it in IE?
    No, whether I'm logged in or not.
    Brian

Ok, after a little more investigation it seems to have something to do with my theme, Noia 2.0 Ver 2.991. If I switch to the default theme I don't see the scroll bars...
    Brian

Ok, after a little more investigation it seems to have something to do with my theme, Noia 2.0 Ver 2.991. If I switch to the default theme I don't see the scroll bars...
    It's always the end user...