Thread: Ranks?

Ranks?

How do you all feel about ranks and rank images? Perhaps we could use trail names to depict ranks - harder trails as your post count increases. Kind of subjective, I guess... Thoughts?

Re: Ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    How do you all feel about ranks and rank images? Perhaps we could use trail names to depict ranks - harder trails as your post count increases. Kind of subjective, I guess... Thoughts?
    Sounds like a good idea to me, what would you use for images, Greeen Circles, Blue Squares, and Black Diamonds??
    Brian

The problem with that is, if we are trying to get people from Mad River, the names might cause conflicts.

Might be better to just use the levels, Green dot, blue box diamond and double diamond?

I have no strong feelings on this, either way. Just pointing out that some of the Mad River folks... really dislike Sugarbush.

Of course most of them will never be here, so...
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Well we could use names they have in common... there's Waterfall, Liftline, Paradise... Birdland is a bit of a stretch but doable maybe...

Though something original and valley-like might be fun too... where's our creative department?!
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Maybe we could use a picture of a trail sign as the picture for it.

Could we have 2 options for each level - one for MRG and one for the Bush

I like the idea of valley related stuff too..
    Maybe a newbie could be ranked SmallDog
    I've got nothing after that though. I lack in creativity.

Why have them at all?

Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    Why have them at all?
    A good question. Totally not needed, just a fun little addition. Indeed, they don't really mean anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    Why have them at all?
    A good question. Totally not needed, just a fun little addition. Indeed, they don't really mean anything...
    It gives me a goal to strive for. I'm working for my 4th peak right now on AZ.