Thread: Avatars

I've enabled uploading avatars. Enjoy!

Nifty, thanks!
    Brian

Your av inspired me to update mine to something a bit more SB-specific...

Yeah I had to go with something specific to the website..
    Brian

Any chance of increasing the size allowed for avatars, I mean in terms of kb, not pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee
    Any chance of increasing the size allowed for avatars, I mean in terms of kb, not pixels.
    Brought it up to 15KB. That should be plenty for anything at 100x100 pixels...

I have a number of pix that are less than 100 X 100, but greater than 15K.

What are you using to shrink the file size? I have the ACDSee editor and a thumbnail program. Both drop my pic to the size I ask, but the file size just happens.

In any case, I was able to get one to work with the 15K limits, but its large size is 88.

(And you won't believe how long I spent on trying and searching for another program that I thought I had to do this. )
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I use Paint Shop Pro for all my image editing. When saving a JPG, there's a compression setting in "Options...". You should be able to adjust the compression factor in most image editors one way or another.

You may also want to give .gif a try. That worked for me.

I had to save mine at a lesser quality to get it under the old 10K limit. You can't even tell any difference in quality. I think mine was 12K to start with...
    Brian