A Memorial to Zip

I am saddened by the news I learned at AZ of Zips departure from our world. Skiing at SBush North will never quite feel the same. As a memorial to Zip we should all post are most treasured memory of runs down zip. Mine is when after 20 years of skiing SBush I finally managed to straightline zip. It was a long time coming and a scarry run but I finally did it. Sure beats my usual 30 or 40 turns on it.

And I don't know what I'm going to do. I've been used to stopping before entering it and making sure I would be able to stay in control thru the whole thing.

After all, it has been a more difficult trail. Now? If it has no name, doesn't it also have no rating? Is it easier now? Or... Or, has it now become most difficult?

Luckily, it isn't open, so I don't have to worry about that now. But in a little while, I'm going to have to make a decision... or maybe... I'll just stand there and be frozen with fear and indecision until March.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Maybe you can add Spread Eagle to that memorial service? As far as Zip is concerned since I never ski under the lift anymore I never had a chance to use it. My bad...I know. Maybe we should contact NELSTP, New England Lost Ski Trail Project. Not to be confused with NELSAP.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Zip was the best 187 feet of ski trail that I have ever experienced. Can't wait to give it a try this year - I hope I don't get lost connecting to Lower Rim Run.