Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Village Creemee

SRO- your buddy Jim is opening the Village Creemee (creemee topic has it's own thread) Fridays and Saturdays from 3:30pm-7pm with full grill menu and limited ice cream options beginning this weekend. The valley's own fast food/take out- other than the chinese place across the parking lot!

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Re: Village Creemee

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    SRO- your buddy Jim is opening the Village Creemee (creemee topic has it's own thread) Fridays and Saturdays from 3:30pm-7pm with full grill menu and limited ice cream options beginning this weekend. The valley's own fast food/take out- other than the chinese place across the parking lot!
    Yea, Jim is definately a go getter and knows the food business. I bet he does better than Brad did with his chinese take out place(Taipan) across the parking lot.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Look....all of you just leave me alone....

.....I'm under my covers depressed until someone opens up a good mexican place....

favorite restaurant

Local guy chiming in. Didn't know this site existed til yesterday. High-end favorites are Warren House and Common Man - new owners at Common man doing a great Job. More affordable, Localfolk Smokehouse is my choice - great BBQ, tex-mex, burgers. The owner ditched the chef /kitchen manager this summer, and took it over himself. Food's been worlds better ever since. Cheap kid's meals too. Food to go - Paradise Deli is great. Sit down breakfast, not many choices. Haven't tried new place - Country Flair, but Easy Street is solid, if a little pricey.

Treehugger -

Welcome! Now spread the word.

Paradise Deli makes a mean bacon/egg/cheese and I love that they'll throw on peppers and onions for me. Fills a body good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Paradise Deli makes a mean bacon/egg/cheese and I love that they'll throw on peppers and onions for me. Fills a body good.
    Yeah....sounds great....but what about the "methane emmission" problems that develop later that morning, when you're on the quad with three "spa ladies" from New Jersey ???

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc

Yeah....sounds great....but what about the "methane emmission" problems that develop later that morning, when you're on the quad with three "spa ladies" from New Jersey ???

They'll just have to grin and bear it I suppose, and definitely hope we're on Super Bravo or Gate House rather than the Rock.

Speaking of food....

...slightly off topic, but what about Mac's ? Will they reopen ?

There is a Mac's down 100 about 20 miles (in Rochester ?? - I forget) that we drive by that has the same logotype. Same owners ? Anyone know ?

Re: Speaking of food....

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    ...slightly off topic, but what about Mac's ? Will they reopen ?

There is a Mac's down 100 about 20 miles (in Rochester ?? - I forget) that we drive by that has the same logotype. Same owners ? Anyone know ?
    Not till late spring at earliest. Longer I am betting....Mac's is owned by a Vermont corporation out of Rutland and has 4-5 stores I think.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Beat and tired last Saturday night....

....I grabbed a few American Flatbread frozen pies from Paradise Deli and served them up to my little guys at the condo....to which my 7 year old, with due seriousness, commented....

"Dad....this is the best pizza I've ever tasted. It's delicious". A frozen pie ! Nothing like being 7.

And, I'll say, it was pretty darn tasty.

Re: favorite restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger
    Local guy chiming in. Didn't know this site existed til yesterday. High-end favorites are Warren House and Common Man - new owners at Common man doing a great Job. More affordable, Localfolk Smokehouse is my choice - great BBQ, tex-mex, burgers. The owner ditched the chef /kitchen manager this summer, and took it over himself. Food's been worlds better ever since. Cheap kid's meals too. Food to go - Paradise Deli is great. Sit down breakfast, not many choices. Haven't tried new place - Country Flair, but Easy Street is solid, if a little pricey.
    I had a great breakfast at Country Flair but when I went there for dinner I ordered the Seafood casserole ( basically a chowder with pastry on top). Tasted fine but I found about two pieces of seafood in it and it wasn't cheap!

Spotted Cow is very nice for a high end dining - you have to try the Bermuda Fish chowder

Warren House (on Access Road)

Funny, didn't see this place mentioned. Nice decor, good food, good wine list, not crazy expensive, and (unlike Common Man) you can get in and out in under 2 hrs. if you'd like.

EASY STREET CAFE

Logan Cooke
    MRVTV

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Michael's Good to Go. Something a little different and seriously good.