Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    American Flatbread is always good.
    That place is so busy I can never get in..
    Yeah, and surprisingly the one in Burlington is usually pretty empty. I've never had to wait there.

I like Flatbread, the Den and the place next to the Purple Moon ???

Someone told me the Spotted Cow was good. Does anyone have any personal experience?

If you're looking for fancy but not outrageous (as compared to the Pitcher Inn) I would have to rave about the 1824 House. They do a prix-fixe there that is totally reasonable and the food is outstanding! Otherwise it's the Den or Egan's for me. Rosita's moved to Burlington and is doing a pretty good business up there. Weird that the Miguel's sign is back up at the Rosita's location...I think it's just there to fill the signpost?

Quote Originally Posted by gotamagal
    Weird that the Miguel's sign is back up at the Rosita's location...I think it's just there to fill the signpost?
    Noticed that as well... definitely odd.

So who knows when "The Falls" in the old Egan's place is opening? The coming soon sign has been up for well over a year...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by gotamagal
    Weird that the Miguel's sign is back up at the Rosita's location...I think it's just there to fill the signpost?
    Noticed that as well... definitely odd.

So who knows when "The Falls" in the old Egan's place is opening? The coming soon sign has been up for well over a year...
    huh. I will look into the Miguel's question. As to The Falls, I spoke about that in AZ recently- someone bought the place at tax sale this summer. Former owner has 1 year to redeem before new owner can touch it. So I would guess a year out at best.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

If your looking for intimate dining several inns/b&b's have restaurants open to the public. The guys that own the 1824 House fought a 2 year battle with the town selectman to be able to have their restaurant open to the public. They won out and I hear the food is wonderful. The Millbrook Inn on the road to MRG has a longstanding rep for it's fine food.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec13
    I like Flatbread, the Den and the place next to the Purple Moon ???
    Place next to Purple Moon is Easy Street Cafe, or something like that. I was there last night and enjoyed it a lot. I was at Egan's the night before. I'd say Easy Street was better, but I was happy with both. Haven't had much experience with other restaurants in the area. In the past I had done more day trips from vacationing in upstate NY, whereas this time I went up to Sugarbush for the weekend.
    -Kenny

American Flatbread question....

Does anyone have a suggestion how best to "do" American Flatbread....

When to show up, etc. I understand it's a zoo and wondered if there was a savvy way to hit the place....

Thanks.

Re: American Flatbread

The best way IMHO is to go there at 4:30 and put your name on the list for a table. They will not do that over the phone. You have to show up in person to do it. You can then come back when you want to eat (more or less) and you've got a spot in line secured.

I was there on Sat. 12/3 and we put our name in at 4:30 (right after the ski day was over). They had the first seating at 5:25. That was a little too early for us so we showed up around 6:30 or so and only had to wait 10-15 minutes to get our table. When you show up to put your name in, tell them approx. what time you would like to be seated and they'll factor that in when putting you on the list and assigning tables.

It's not an exact science but it's a lot better than showing up when you want to eat and hoping there will be a table available without too much wait. Of course, if you want to eat early (between 5:30 and 6:00) you ask for a table during the first seating and you'll be in good shape.
    Jeff

American Flatbread pizzas are also available in the grocery stores. They are flash frozen so they are much better than your typical frozen pizza. I like putting on a bunch of my own toppings. Not as good as fresh out of the oven but still pretty good, I have better things to do than stand in line for 2 hours.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Re: Am. Flatbread....

...thanks for both bits of Beta....

Restaurants

I'd have to say that Egan's has the best specials and atmosphere for the price range (entree specials~ $16-19) Service at the bar is great too! THe local folk just isn't what it was back in the day, but the bbq is pretty good. After a long day on the slopes, rolling into the Hyde is never a let down...good people, good app.s. Oh, and the Easy Street Cafe has great food but its pricey, small.

Re: Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by bullwheel12
    THe local folk just isn't what it was back in the day, but the bbq is pretty good. ]
    I don't think Local Folk BBQ is even a year old. I haven't tried it cause I have heard mostly bad reviews about it. I guesss I should try it for myself.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Re: Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by bullwheel12
    I'd have to say that Egan's has the best specials and atmosphere for the price range (entree specials~ $16-19) Service at the bar is great too! THe local folk just isn't what it was back in the day, but the bbq is pretty good. After a long day on the slopes, rolling into the Hyde is never a let down...good people, good app.s. Oh, and the Easy Street Cafe has great food but its pricey, small.
    I was at Egan's and Easy Street this week, and I thought the price ranges were similar.
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    huh. I will look into the Miguel's question. As to The Falls, I spoke about that in AZ recently- someone bought the place at tax sale this summer. Former owner has 1 year to redeem before new owner can touch it. So I would guess a year out at best.
    It seems Rosita's may have built their sign right over the Miguel's sign. When they "cleaned house", they took down the Rosita's sign, leaving the original Miguel's. I am suggesting to Stowe Away they might want to come and take it down...
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce