First MRG topic...

I just couldn't leave this forum empty so I had to post something!

Any word on MRG's projected opening date? All their site says is sometime after Thanksgiving...
    Brian

Re: First MRG topic...

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert

Any word on MRG's projected opening date? All their site says is sometime after Thanksgiving...
    It's always dependent upon Ma Nature. They don't bother just opening for the heck of it on just the Practice Slope (where they have a few snow guns). Given the weather pattern we're in, I wouldn't be surprised if they opened by the first week in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

It's always dependent upon Ma Nature. They don't bother just opening for the heck of it on just the Practice Slope (where they have a few snow guns). Given the weather pattern we're in, I wouldn't be surprised if they opened by the first week in December.
    There was talk about a storm around the 25th..That would help.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING
    There was talk about a storm around the 25th..That would help.
    Yeah? Where'd you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING
    Well...its not a big strom but its something..
    http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClic...te=VT&site=BTV
    We'll take whatever we can get at this point.
    Brian

Over at www.easternuswx.com, there's a big discussion about a possible nor'easter around Nov 28. Regardless, the cold is locked in until at least mid-December. If it gets stormy, we'll see MRG open sooner rather than later. Maybe even a repeat of December 2003? I recall calling in sick the second Monday of the month b/c MRG was expecting its second 2' dump in a week and was going to be wide open. Got first tracks for the year on Fall Line, then hit just about everywhere else off the Single. I was so jacked due to the ridiculously deep pow that I smashed my previous single day laps record on the Single. It had been 6, and I did 10 runs that day, which is saying something at MRG. Good times.

Hey, Tin....

I was so jacked due to the ridiculously deep pow that I smashed my previous single day laps record on the Single. It had been 6, and I did 10 runs that day, which is saying something at MRG. Good times.
    ....you're lucky to be alive, man...sure that wasn't a dream ?

Over at www.easternuswx.com, there's a big discussion about a possible nor'easter around Nov 28. Regardless, the cold is locked in until at least mid-December. If it gets stormy, we'll see MRG open sooner rather than later. Maybe even a repeat of December 2003? I recall calling in sick the second Monday of the month b/c MRG was expecting its second 2' dump in a week and was going to be wide open. Got first tracks for the year on Fall Line, then hit just about everywhere else off the Single. I was so jacked due to the ridiculously deep pow that I smashed my previous single day laps record on the Single. It had been 6, and I did 10 runs that day, which is saying something at MRG. Good times.
    If that happens again this December, I may just have to make the 4 hour drive and do it as a day trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    If that happens again this December, I may just have to make the 4 hour drive and do it as a day trip!
    Wanna pick me up on the way by? I can help with the driving duties!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Wanna pick me up on the way by? I can help with the driving duties!
    Deal.

You get a dump in December while I'm at K, I'll be there mid week for sure. Need to hook up with a knowledgable MRG skier to show me the way. Last year was my first and I'm hooked, but the wife just doesn't cut it for MRG skiing.
    Coming sooon to a theater near you.

Just show her around birdland
    What a long strange trip its been

Quote Originally Posted by Falk
    Just show her around birdland
    Even I skiied birdland. My bumper sticker: "Mad River Glen, If I Can, You Can." just need sharp scissors to make it say that.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Montpelier, Vt....Steamboat CO for next two years
    December of 2003 was when i officially became hooked to Mad River. It was unbeleivable...woods and cliffs a few weeks before x-mas was simply amazing. The snow was pretty deep for sure. If i recall right however it rained right before x-mas and ruined the skiing for a while .