Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Yeah, but at that time, there was the RSN forum.

Now that that forum is stuck on June 20, we'll probably get more traffic, here.

The question will be more of how many lurkers vs how many posters.
    Rest assured that if Ghstrider ever so much as sniffs this forum, I will use my Mod powers liberally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

Rest assured that if Ghstrider ever so much as sniffs this forum, I will use my Mod powers liberally.
    GR, a.k.a. "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

Edit: (I forgot the part that I was supposed to "introduce" myself): I am noski, and I don't ski, or board, but I am a friend of winter recreation. I am a good resource person and am here to validate or invalidate Lostone's rumors, among other things.... I have lived in the valley over 20 years and would not choose to live anywhere else.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Re: Welcome to the Sugarbush Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Welcome to the Sugarbush Forums, the (un)Official Message Board for Sugarbush Resort, Mad River Glen, and the Mad River Valley! Please introduce yourselves.
    Thanks, Greg! Great idea .. The Sugarbush thread at AlpineZone was fun, but much easier to spread out into separate topics. I'm Kenny. I'm 24. MRG and SB are my favorite ski areas, though I can't say I'm a regular at either. Hopefully I'll be able to change that . I started posting fairly recently at AlpineZone under the same handle (kcyanks1), though I had been lurking at the site for a couple years before I finally caved in and registered. Looking forward to talking with all of you!
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

GR, a.k.a. "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"
    Yes, we shall just call him Voldemort from now on.

I would rather we welcome any who want to participate in a friendly manner. (I was going to add intelligent, until I realized that I would have banned myself. )

Thread drift is a normal factor in conversations. Repeated thread hijackings aren't polite and should not be tolerated any more than it would be if you were in a conversation and someone else always came around, butted into running conversations and changed the subject. More so if it is just harrassment.

There has been very little of this at the Alpine Zone, and I would expect there to be very little of that here.

That said, speaking of topic drift, it is great to see so many new people here. I hope you alll find interesting subjects here, and I hope that if you don't you come up with some that are interesting to you. With the thread, as I hope with the forum, "if you build it..."
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I would rather we welcome any who want to participate in a friendly manner. (I was going to add intelligent, until I realized that I would have banned myself. )
    I agree on general principles. That said, I think it's clear that certain individuals can't help themselves in trolling or materially subtracting from the discourse (i.e. Whiteface roolz u dummies!! heheheheh). Everyone should get a shot, but past evidence indicates that the trigger will be pulled sooner rather than later when it comes to a select few. That ATskier/swiftskier guy comes to mind as well.

Thanks for putting things together. Love to see what the MRV people are up to and how the mountains are doing. Looking for a great season and hopefully a few days at MRG.

Dr. NO from K-ton and K-Zone. Been here before and hope to see some old names show up.
    Coming sooon to a theater near you.

Hi everyone, I am Tyrolean_skier. I ski mostly at Killington since I have a bond pass there but occasionally I do ski Sugarbush and would love to finally get to Mad River Glen this winter. I'll pop in here once in a while.

Hi, I am from the AZ and also the old rsn forums, I was an observer and not a poster. I have been skiing at Sugarbush for 8 years. My wife and I and 3 kids love the valley and the skiing. Thanks to Greg for setting this up.

Hello all. I go by the name Schusseur. I'm 40+, a lifelong skier and made my first trip to the bush in 1968. I too get that drop in blood pressure while approaching the valley, although it usually happens once the traffic is cleared in southern Conn. Winter weekends are almost without exception in the valley. Exceptions being the occasional trip to another Vermont hill to ski with friends, or, If I'm really lucky, I'm hitting up Alta and Snowbird. Have a condo at LP, and make full use of it. Really love the whole mountain and enjoy it all. One thing seriously missing from my ski experience are the woods. This is a whole new thing and I really want to make the leap this season. Looking forward to keeping up on this new site, but will probably do more reading than posting. Cheers.

Hi All

glad to see this board. Former RSN poster; AZ poster (more lurker) ..... I get too sidetracked on AZ to go there very often!

I am the proud owner of the smallest condo in VT (off German Flats Rd); passholder at N only this year after many years of "Gold" pass, decided with the construction project at South that THIS is the year to ski some alternate spots (Stowe, Jay etc) as well as Mt Ellen.
    Thanksgiving weekend was pretty nice; Sounds like I did not miss much last weekend ----- (brag coming!!!!) I was at Beaver Creek instead for Thu, Fri, Sat! Loads of snow, great skiing and World Cup racing in which the US Men kicked some very serious BUTT! for good stories and results, see www.Skiracing.com

In the meantime; snow is good! The 4 inches we got here this AM ( Southern MA) is wasted here!

Re: Hi All

Quote Originally Posted by saabski
    glad to see this board. Former RSN poster; AZ poster (more lurker) ..... I get too sidetracked on AZ to go there very often!

I am the proud owner of the smallest condo in VT (off German Flats Rd); passholder at N only this year after many years of "Gold" pass, decided with the construction project at South that THIS is the year to ski some alternate spots (Stowe, Jay etc) as well as Mt Ellen.
    Thanksgiving weekend was pretty nice; Sounds like I did not miss much last weekend ----- (brag coming!!!!) I was at Beaver Creek instead for Thu, Fri, Sat! Loads of snow, great skiing and World Cup racing in which the US Men kicked some very serious BUTT! for good stories and results, see www.Skiracing.com

In the meantime; snow is good! The 4 inches we got here this AM ( Southern MA) is wasted here!
    Welcome saabski! Are you a proud owner of a Peak unit? If not then I am pretty sure I own the smallest condo(not a Peak unit) in Vt.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Alright, since I've already posted a few long winded replies, I'll introduce myself...

I met Lostone on the lift on 12/22 (the day Castlerock opened for the season... man was it deep). As I told him, I work up here at the resort - specifically in a certain administrative department. My presence is in no way an official Sugarbush presence, although I can probably answer any official questions you guys/gals may have more officially than anyone else. When I get ticked off and fly off the handle on someone, please forget about what I just said regarding being an employee of the resort.

My background is in recreation management and events planning. Specifically, I've run a mountain biking school for kids in Montana for the past 3 summers, while also coordinating the events and trail crew for a ski resort (www.big-mountain.com). During the winters I've worked for that same resort, running ski races, doing marketing work, and coordinating on-mountain events.

I grew up in New England and have skied at the Bush since 99. I live in Waitsfield and stare out my (landlord's) window at Mad River every morning. I've skied 100+ days every season since 98/99, and have skied during every month of the calendar year 2005. I can say confidently that Sugarbush has as much to offer a skier as any resort in the Rocky Mountains. We have true big-mountain skiing (you might have to work for it) in an East Coast setting and that is truly unique. It's exciting to be back on the East Coast.

Think snow!

-TTT

Quote Originally Posted by TwinTipTele
    Alright, since I've already posted a few long winded replies, I'll introduce myself...

I met Lostone on the lift on 12/22 (the day Castlerock opened for the season... man was it deep). As I told him, I work up here at the resort - specifically in a certain administrative department. My presence is in no way an official Sugarbush presence, although I can probably answer any official questions you guys/gals may have more officially than anyone else. When I get ticked off and fly off the handle on someone, please forget about what I just said regarding being an employee of the resort.

My background is in recreation management and events planning. Specifically, I've run a mountain biking school for kids in Montana for the past 3 summers, while also coordinating the events and trail crew for a ski resort (www.big-mountain.com). During the winters I've worked for that same resort, running ski races, doing marketing work, and coordinating on-mountain events.

I grew up in New England and have skied at the Bush since 99. I live in Waitsfield and stare out my (landlord's) window at Mad River every morning. I've skied 100+ days every season since 98/99, and have skied during every month of the calendar year 2005. I can say confidently that Sugarbush has as much to offer a skier as any resort in the Rocky Mountains. We have true big-mountain skiing (you might have to work for it) in an East Coast setting and that is truly unique. It's exciting to be back on the East Coast.

Think snow!

-TTT
    So you work at the resort, but you don't work at the resort? Sounds kinda confusing...

Twin-tip teles sound dangerous!
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinTipTele

Think snow!

-TTT
    Welcome TTT! I am a former employee(1997-2001) who returned to the Bush after many years in Wyoming. I also worked last winter at the Bush. I first skied the Bush in 1970 as a crazed Vermont college student.

Glad to have another current employee aboard.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.