Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Welcome to the Sugarbush Message Board!

Welcome to the Sugarbush Forums, the (un)Official Message Board for Sugarbush Resort, Mad River Glen, and the Mad River Valley! Please introduce yourselves.

Cool! This should work out nicely!

Introduction

Hey, this forum is great. I'm glad you guys set this one up!

I'm Jeff and have been posting on AZ for a short while. AZ is also a great site.

I'm 42 years old, married with 4 children. I have a condo off the Sugarbush Access Road so love everything about the MRV. I live outside Springfield, Mass so the Valley is a 3-hour drive for me (200 miles). I'm relatively new to the Valley since we bought our condo in March 2004. Last season was our first full season skiing in the Valley.

We have season passes at the Bush and Mad Cards at MRG. Since my children are mostly 12 and under, they have free season passes to MRG (what a deal!). I started them all out on skis but one of my sons is now a snowboarder. When we ski at MRG, we rent skis for him and he knocks the rust off of his skiing skills. My youngest son (7 yrs) is making rumblings about wanting to board but at least for this year he will once again be skiing. I prefer them all to ski but my view is that I would rather not be a stickler for that since it's better to just get everyone out on the snow doing something together. I have friends who prohibit their children from boarding. I don't agree with that philosophy although I do prefer skiing.

I'm getting pumped for another great season of skiing at SB and MRG. While I ski a lot with my family and really enjoy it, I also love to ski tough terrain with fellow hardcores, especially on outrageous powder days or in snow storms. I would love to ski with any of you guys this season in such a setting. We'll have to try to schedule some trips this year through this forum (and AZ). I currently have a boys only weekend planned for Feb 10-12 with my friends from home staying in my condo. If anyone else is around that weekend, we should hook-up for some turns.

Enough rambling about me. Tell us about yourselves! Cheers!
    Jeff

Welcome Jeff. Nice intro.

Well, I'm Greg, Founder of this site and AlpineZone.com (among others). The Sugarbush Thread on AZ became very popular after RSN shut their forums down for much of last season. Based on the popularity of that thread as well as sites like KillingtonZone, I felt there was a definite need of a forum for MRV fans. So, within 24 hours of the idea popping into my head, I set this up! Enjoy.

Hey Jeff!

Welcome to the forum!

We're just setting things up so don't mind if we ask you to help move the couch around or paint the walls a little. (Sorry, no spray painting allowed. Rollers only. )

As you can tell by the names, we're mostly Alpine Zone people too.

As for me, My name is Jim. Some say that I'm retired, but at 55 I'm really too young to be retired. I refer to it as having quit my working life. At the same time, I quit my life in Mass and moved into what was my second home. I now live in one of the condos at South.

I have spent the summer hiking and biking, taking a lot of pictures. I sell PC screensavers and do a little light computer geek stuff. other than that... oh yeah... skiing!

I'm going to be a fixture around here as I was, mostly in the Sugarbush Thread at the Zone and before that, at the RSN Sugarbush forum.

So welcome all! Look around and if you see something that we don't have... ( If we don't have it... how did you see it? ) Oh... I mean if you think of something we need or could be better with... sing out!

If you think of a thread we should have, start it!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Hey all and Thanks

Appreciate the efforts to create a SBush/MRG/MRV discussion board. I migrated from RSN to AZ to here (of course with some stops along the way) but always going by vtskibum. Look forward to the board.

I'm Brian, I came here from AZ too. I've only skied Sugarbush (North) once and MRG twice. My wife and I loved it so much in the valley that we hope to make many more trips up there! I'm sure this site will grow into a good resource for planning trips.
    Brian

Andyzee here, from Killingtonzone/Alpinezone/killingtonaccess. I used to ski Sugarbush quite a bit until ASC came out with the all for one pass. As a result I'll be in Killington most of the time, but I still try to make it to Sugarbush at least a couple of times a year. Think this is a great idea, wish you the best of luck.

spanky here. I mostly hang out at killingtonzone.com and tetongravity.com. Greg, good idea on setting up the Sugarbush forum.

I'm Keith - also from AZ. I skied the Bush alot during my Sophomore and Junior years of college (2 and 3 years ago respectively). I had a season pass and really fell in love with the mountain. Unfortunately now that I'm in the real world I can't afford the $1000 pass at this point in my life. I will be skiing MRG 4-5 times this year, as I have a Mad Pass and a lift ticket voucher from doing one of the work days (which I highly recommend - http://www.treeskier.org). My main skiing this winter will be Smuggs where I have my season pass and Jay where my friend can get me free tickets and free is good.

Free is good.

That is how much I'm paying for my pass this year.

If you have 24 days to spare, they'll trade you for a pass.

I'm working as an ambassador, this season. Generally greeting people and being helpful. I can afford the pass. It is in my budget, but I'm trying this, this year. So far, so good...

But welcome to the forums. Hope to see you out there.

This is Brilliant (as my fellow Guiness Lovers like to say!)

My name is Mike, I live in Providence, and I have been coming up to the Valley for the past three years. We own a condo on the access road and I can't wait to come up on the weekends. I was at the Community Weekend presentation this year and Win Major said something that really struck home for me. He said, "that when he would come over the Gap after working in New York for the week his blood pressure dropped by 50 points". I could not agree any more! One of my goals this year is to discover some of the lesser known stashes. I especially would like to try out Slide Brook. Hopefully if I earn my stripes someone will clue me in on some of the better spots!

I am more of a "lurker" than I am a "poster" but I really enjoy these forums. Thanks for the new site!

Be Well!

There was a forum a while back for the Valley but it never really seemed to take off. There was never much activity. Anyone remember the name of it?

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    There was a forum a while back for the Valley but it never really seemed to take off. There was never much activity. Anyone remember the name of it?
    The domain was something like voignet.net or something, right?

Yeah, but at that time, there was the RSN forum.

Now that that forum is stuck on June 20, we'll probably get more traffic, here.

The question will be more of how many lurkers vs how many posters.