Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Interestingly, the snow report from 90 mins ago says Spring Fling snowmaking comes online tonight, but the web cams show them blasting it as we speak.

Can anyone drop the local knowledge on where they are actually blowing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman View Post
    Interestingly, the snow report from 90 mins ago says Spring Fling snowmaking comes online tonight, but the web cams show them blasting it as we speak.

Can anyone drop the local knowledge on where they are actually blowing right now?
    The "operations will resume tonight" was in there yesterday I'm pretty sure. So they updated some other things in the report today but not that particular phrase.

Probably want to finish up down low before moving back up to mid/upper mountain trails. They're doing a Friday opening for passholders on an ungroomed Snowball/Spring Fling via the Valley House chair. Pretty cool for those that can make it up there (although not sure I'd want to subject my legs to ungroomed whales on my first day out).

Skiing was really good yesterday. I wish they could have opened Bravo to alleviate the line at Valley House. Operations was saying that there was not enough blown/managed terrain down from the top of Bravo. They were also not ready to open Heavens gate. Winter happened too fast and the little snow making system that could, didn't so we have what we have. Efforts were concentrated on Spring fling so they could not blow elsewhere.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Today was a lot less crowded than Saturday. With Fling a lot 'faster' than yesterday, the soft snow and early season bumps on Lower Snowball (and right side of bottom of Fling after Spring Road cutover), along with skier's right on (Upper) Snowball...even into Ravenna's, was my route of repeated choice. Legs feeling it...and that's good! No indication of anything other than current lift/trails for tomorrow? Looking forward to expanded terrain, though not whining, as it's only 11/18/18.

Quote Originally Posted by pinnoke View Post
    No indication of anything other than current lift/trails for tomorrow? Looking forward to expanded terrain, though not whining, as it's only 11/18/18.
    Win mentioned over on AZ that DS/Upper Jester should be ready by midweek.

Saturday was a good day except for the Valley House line. The snow was still soft on Twist, Moonshine and Steins. Steins was a lot of fun on natural snow in November. A bit different today with the overnight cold firming up the snow but still a lot of fun to start the season. I repeated the same path that pinnoke took on Lower Snowball/cutover and the bottom of Spring Fling.

If anybody is reading out there...you should be skiing with us as soon as you can! Today was an amazing powder day! Heavy on the bottom 1/3 of mountain, but lovin' it nearly as much as the top of the runs. It was beautiful, too....everything drenched in white; no wind; 'mild'. Fantastic Snowvember day!