Thread: New record?

New record?

Is the mtn attempting a record for broken lifts in a single day? It's impressive so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arc1 View Post
    Is the mtn attempting a record for broken lifts in a single day? It's impressive so far.

I thought you were going to say for number of people! Saw a sign on access road I've never seen before saying no more parking at Lincoln please go to Ellen! I had a few lifts stop while I was on them but never for long.

What went down today other than Heavens Gate? 2 lifts out for the season this early could be a record.

We were on the valley house a number of times and it was stopping and starting, 10-15 times a trip. Seemed the lift operator was stopping it for every kid.

Quote Originally Posted by s_angel0 View Post
    I thought you were going to say for number of people! Saw a sign on access road I've never seen before saying no more parking at Lincoln please go to Ellen! I had a few lifts stop while I was on them but never for long.
    We got to Lincoln peak at 8:40 and it was packed. I was told that shortly thereafter traffic backed up on the access road to the paradise.

Other than about an hour from 10:30 to 11:30 when heavens gate was down, the lift lines were fine though.

I got to Lincoln around 820. Bravo was having an issue for a bit but was going again by 840. Decided to go over to gate house and wait in line for it to open. Headed over to me once slide brook opened. Lift lines at me were no more than 5 minutes or so at summit even with nrx offline. Gmx was short too. Came back to Lincoln 1230 or so and the bravo line was pretty short so did a few more runs there before heading to mutha stuffers for lunch.

Beyond the annoyance of being at LP 820 and bravo having temporary issues, I was still able to ski as much as I wanted to after that. Didn't even know hg had issues too until I came back from ME and someone mentioned it had been down bit but was back up.

I am not sure what Arc1 was referring to. Bravo had a switch fault which was fixed in ten minutes, and we opened Valley House early. One of our ski patrol teammates spotted rubber fraying on a sheave wheel and quickly brought it to the attention of our lift mechanics. The lift was stopped immediately for safety reasons until a lift mechanic could get there and physically observe the tower. It was then deemed safe to run but slowly to clear the line. At which point the mechanics were ready to climb the tower and replace the sheave wheel which was done in 10-15 minutes At that point the lift reopened for the day. In my opinion they did a great job making sure everyone was safe and getting the lift back open as soon as possible.

The lifts were offline for very brief periods, not long enough to have a huge impact. I was on HG right before it went down. I took one run off the LT and it was back up when I got to the bottom.