Granby Lift Accident

Read that the 'rare dynamic event' with the Quickdraw lift at Granby in Colorado is at least partially attributable to an ABB drive that was unsuitable for the lift. Does Sugarbush also have one of these drives? What lift? Slide Brook? Interesting that the Granby lift is reopening today under an interim operation agreement with the State Passenger Tramway Board.

Quote Originally Posted by howitzer View Post
    Read that the 'rare dynamic event' with the Quickdraw lift at Granby in Colorado is at least partially attributable to an ABB drive that was unsuitable for the lift. Does Sugarbush also have one of these drives? What lift? Slide Brook? Interesting that the Granby lift is reopening today under an interim operation agreement with the State Passenger Tramway Board.
    I don't know technical details but I know Quickdraw lift, is a Leitner and I have never seen a lift that looks like it. The GMX is a Leitner-Poma, meaning it was made after Leitner and Poma merged. The GMX seems impervious to mechanical issues. The rest of the lifts are made by different companies. Thats the only connection I know of.

Slidebrook is a Doppelmayr. Super Bravo and Gate House are also Doppelmayr. NRX is technically Poma, but was rebuilt by Doppelmayr.