Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    The best way to get real time updates is to get our app. Dispatch updates the status of all lifts as soon as they occur.
    It's great that the lift status is updated on the app in essentially real time, but I think it would also be helpful for extended downtime to put the info at the top of the snow report. This was done in the past and worked great. I remember seeing things like this in years past:

*All lifts except Super Bravo on Wind Hold*

It may not make sense to do that for a short delay, but I think for a long term thing it can be very helpful to put this information in as many places as possible for maximum awareness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    It's great that the lift status is updated on the app in essentially real time, but I think it would also be helpful for extended downtime to put the info at the top of the snow report. This was done in the past and worked great. I remember seeing things like this in years past:

*All lifts except Super Bravo on Wind Hold*

It may not make sense to do that for a short delay, but I think for a long term thing it can be very helpful to put this information in as many places as possible for maximum awareness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I agree and guess I need to use the app more. I just always see that stuff on the beginning of snow reports at Stowe/Jay/Killington and forget not everyone does it. I mean there was no mention of winds at all (not even that they may affect operations) even through 2pm on yesterday's reports.

Stowe often leads their report with it and Killington does to just like you mentioned with a written statement at the very top.

I don't use their app much but stowe has also been sending notifications that I think are real helpful. If I turn on notifications on the days I'm there they send out lift updates if anything isn't running. It looks like the app developer is the same for Bush and Stowe. Resorts tapped or something. Wonder if SB could do this.

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingDog View Post
    If you want cash for the summer projects, I'll also buy 2018/2019 season passes now at today's prices - 20%.
    I have always thought they should do something like this. Say give 10% off if you commit to 2 years,... 20% off if you commit to 3 years

This would be especially useful if a ski area needs lots of cash for one summer, like for a big new lift.

that's a great idea for cash up front... buy a pass for one year and get 15% off the next season if you buy them together.

I'm wondering what the price will be for a college pass for my daughter. Will it be less than the for 20s pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbushskier9 View Post
    that's a great idea for cash up front... buy a pass for one year and get 15% off the next season if you buy them together.
    And there is the chance that we move, lose interest in skiing (unlikely), get hurt, etc. We may be buying discounted passes for 2018/2019 now that never get used. It's like the quadpacks, except you won't have people roaming the parking lots and FPF with tickets for sale in March and April.

Is the cabin cat going to Mt Ellen for daily rental?

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Is the cabin cat going to Mt Ellen for daily rental?
    Has anyone ever done it? Someday - i would love to do this. Can you imagine what it would be like after a 20" dump in April! You and 11 friends skiing untracked pow all day

It is being used Saturday afternoon for a memorial service and Lincoln Peak and then going over to ME. It has been rented by a group of 36 for this Sunday. Walt's will also open for them. If you are interested contact Guest Services at 583-6590.

Sorry to hear about Rumble

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Sorry to hear about Rumble

Thank you. He has been a great friend these past nine years, and I am going to really miss him.

I do not want to jinx things but Tony, our weather forecaster, just updated his morning report. He is now calling for 1-3" later this afternoon and evening, another 3-5" overnight and then a final 1-2" tomorrow. Tony is usually very conservative with his forecasts. There will likely be more at elevation as temperatures will not be that cold and it might be heavy around the base. After a winter day, Sunday is looking sunny and maybe 50 making for a nice spring skiing and riding day and Pond Skimming too. Hopefully, some of you are still thinking about skiing and riding.

Watch the snow stake as the winds are not projected to be too strong.

Josh fox was saying 4-8 for this evening on tues and tweeted confirmation of that today, so sounds like they are aligned.

Win - condolences in rumble. My daughtee was wondering if flags will be at half staff this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    I do not want to jinx things but Tony, our weather forecaster, just updated his morning report. He is now calling for 1-3" later this afternoon and evening, another 3-5" overnight and then a final 1-2" tomorrow. Tony is usually very conservative with his forecasts. There will likely be more at elevation as temperatures will not be that cold and it might be heavy around the base. After a winter day, Sunday is looking sunny and maybe 50 making for a nice spring skiing and riding day and Pond Skimming too. Hopefully, some of you are still thinking about skiing and riding.

Watch the snow stake as the winds are not projected to be too strong.
    I still love that snow stake addition!