Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbushskier9 View Post
    Wild drifting this week on the snow cam...seems like every day there's another foot in front of it.
    It should move up with the snow depth. Just pick it up. Fill in the hole and but it down in top of the snow.

Good weekend up at Stowe with friends but time to head home to Sugarbush. I have a strong feeling that tomorrow is going to be off the hook cuz it's snowing Wicked Haaard! (insert Boston Accent)

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I noticed the afternoon snow report said they are grooming Hammerhead tonight. When was the last time that trail was groomed? I don't know if I ever remember seeing that on a grooming report since I've been skiing at Sugarbush.

The current dumping of snow should do wonders to cover up most remnants of the last thaw/freeze. I'm jealous of anyone that will be up there and enjoying it tomorrow. I won't be back up now until the 2/25 weekend as I always skip the start of President's week and do a daytrip to the Catskills instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I noticed the afternoon snow report said they are grooming Hammerhead tonight. When was the last time that trail was groomed? I don't know if I ever remember seeing that on a grooming report since I've been skiing at Sugarbush.

The current dumping of snow should do wonders to cover up most remnants of the last thaw/freeze. I'm jealous of anyone that will be up there and enjoying it tomorrow. I won't be back up now until the 2/25 weekend as I always skip the start of President's week and do a daytrip to the Catskills instead.
    Rarely but we are doing a number of trails to set them up for this week's powder. Guiding Cabin Cat first tracks in a foot of freshies on North Lynx. More to come later this week.
    Last edited by winjr; 02-13-2017 at 07:15 AM.

I see a number of people in line at Bravo already on the webcam. They are either really dedicated to making sure they are at the front of the line by being there an hour before the lift opens, or they didn't realize Bravo opens at 9 today. I hope for their sake it is the former and they were expecting to be standing around for an hour. Either way though they'll be getting some great runs in when the lifts open. I see a good number of people enjoying early runs on GMX already. Looks like more people using GMX right now than most weekends!

Got to love this one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been a while since every lift (except CR) has been on wind hold at the same time. Hope it dies down for the people up there so they have more options as the day goes on. The giant drift in front of the snow stake cam is pretty impressive at the moment too...

So is the line at CR

Can't say I'm surprised being the only lift running...

Mad river, Stowe, Jay, Killington are all open. Sugarbush is somehow able to run only Castlerock. They can even run Sunny D. It's like they're not even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ManyTurns View Post
    Mad river, Stowe, Jay, Killington are all open. Sugarbush is somehow able to run only Castlerock. They can even run Sunny D. It's like they're not even trying.
    Four-runner at Stowe is on wind hold. But not sure what any of those places have to do with Sugarbush anyway. Each mountain is unique with regards to wind and lifts. It is a pretty ridiculous comment to say Sugarbush isn't trying. I'm sure they are thrilled to have wind holds on a day like today. I have 100% trust in the decisions made by lift ops on wind holds at Sugarbush. If they put a lift on hold, it is for damn good reason. I've personally been on some lifts right before they went on wind holds in the past. Trust me, if there's a wind hold, you don't want to be on that lift.

Can someone explain how the Welcome Mat is on windhold? is this a joke.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes a frustrating day of no skiing (chose not to hike to CR). And seeing all other mountains open including Mad River. I'm sure they would have liked to be open with the crowd that showed up. As for the welcome mat, maybe the wind was blowing all the kids over

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    As for the welcome mat, maybe the wind was blowing all the kids over
    That would make a great meme or gif.