Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    No doubt the full Epic is a great deal. I was simply pointing out that comparing the MC to the Epic 4 day pass (As they are nearly the same price and nhskier was comparing the two) is misleading as they both do very different things. The MC pass gives you 2 passes at each participating resort (and then 50% off after that) while the Epic 4 day pass is really more like the Vail/Epic version of the Sugarbush Quad pack.
    Yeah the Epic 4 is pretty useless for most people. You are basically buying a 4-day lift ticket that's transferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Do I sense RFID next year? Many of mountains on the MC have it. Just got back from Alta/Bird and it is awesome. Also love the corrals there with 4 lines and "front row".
    yep, there is another thread on this subject. The RFID passes are way better than the technology that is being used now. EVERY other area I have visited recently has it. Say what you will about chatting with the ticket checkers - the RFID's are just so much easier and more efficient. If you are looking to chat with someone - just go in the singles line and strike up a conversation with some strangers on the lift,... just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    No doubt the full Epic is a great deal. I was simply pointing out that comparing the MC to the Epic 4 day pass (As they are nearly the same price and nhskier was comparing the two) is misleading as they both do very different things. The MC pass gives you 2 passes at each participating resort (and then 50% off after that) while the Epic 4 day pass is really more like the Vail/Epic version of the Sugarbush Quad pack.
    Yes once I read the "fine print". But still the epic pass is a great deal. However the collective pass with the 50% discount is good deal also. The 50% off comes out to be cheaper than the SB quad pack.

The passholder benefit of 50% off is only at other MC mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post

Reading the fact page, it doesn't seem that way, I could be wrong,
    Q&A from the mountain collective fact page:

What do I get when I join the Mountain Collective?
    For the 2017/18 winter season, skiers and riders are invited to join the Mountain Collective. Those who join the Mountain Collective receive two free days of skiing or riding, unlimited 50% off single day lift tickets thereafter, and exclusive lodging deals at each of these 16 destinations: Alta (Utah), Aspen Snowmass (Colorado), Banff Sunshine (Alberta), Coronet Peak | The Remarkables (New Zealand), Jackson Hole (Wyoming), Lake Louise (Alberta), Mammoth Mountain (California), Revelstoke Mountain Resort (British Columbia), Snowbasin Resort (Utah), Snowbird (Utah), Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (California), Sugarbush Resort (Vermont), Sun Valley (Idaho), Taos Ski Valley (New Mexico), and Telluride Ski Resort (Colorado). With the Mountain Collective, it’s now possible for passionate skiers and riders to claim thousands of vertical feet and chase ideal winter conditions across Alberta, Australia, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, New Zealand, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming.
    Affiliate Destinations Include: Chamonix (France), Hakuba Valley (Japan) and Valle Nevado (Chile). Please note that Mountain Collective Members only receive 2 free lift tickets at the global affiliate destinations, and other benefits do not apply. See more here.

or

Is it worth it to purchase the Mountain Collective Pass if I only visit one destination?
    Typically, if you visit one destination for six days or more the pass will pay for itself.

I would presume the 50% offer is for the Passholder, only, and not transferable, or meant to encourage multiple ticket purchases on same day for family/friends (though that would be sweet!). So, since you'd already have your Sugarbush pass, you wouldn't be eligible for this benefit at your home resort?

A buddy of mine pinged me yesterday to chat about the MC pass. This is a guy who bounces around between resorts and is a bit frugal when it comes to lift tickets. He usually buys two quad packs at the bush. He commented that the MC wasn't bad but when compared to the passes from vail, he plans to go all in at Stowe next year. I told him to enjoy the long lift lines and the RFIDs.

My thought is that people will flock to Stowe next year, realize it's the same mountain, traffic and allot of people. Gooooood luck.

This year, the mt Ellen plus pass was the right call. Would be nice to see a discount on passes this year but I'm doubtful if it will happen. Just occurred to me that the Mt Ellen plus pass and a Stowe pass is about the same cost as an all mountain pass at SB.....something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win, there seems to be a lot of confusion on the Mountain Collective.

According to their website, ( https://themountaincollective.zendes...18-Resort-Info ) if you buy a Mountain Collective Pass for $399 you can buy Sugarbush day passes at 50% off. I take this to mean - if you are not a Sugarbush passholder, but a Mountain Collective pass holder - you can buy Sugarbush tickets at 50% off and would also be eligible to ski at Sugarbush for 2 days(free)

Is this the deal as I understand? Or is there something else?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post

According to their website, ( https://themountaincollective.zendes...18-Resort-Info ) if you buy a Mountain Collective Pass for $399 you can buy Sugarbush day passes at 50% off. I take this to mean - if you are not a Sugarbush passholder, but a Mountain Collective pass holder - you can buy Sugarbush tickets at 50% off and would also be eligible to ski at Sugarbush for 2 days(free)

Thanks.
    Yes, that is correct. There will be some different options and depending upon how many days you plan to ski here will determine the best pass for you. Don't do the math until you see all the prices for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by pinnoke View Post
    I would presume the 50% offer is for the Passholder, only, and not transferable, or meant to encourage multiple ticket purchases on same day for family/friends (though that would be sweet!). So, since you'd already have your Sugarbush pass, you wouldn't be eligible for this benefit at your home resort?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Reading the fact page, it doesn't seem that way, I could be wrong,
    Q&A from the mountain collective fact page:

What do I get when I join the Mountain Collective?
    For the 2017/18 winter season, skiers and riders are invited to join the Mountain Collective. Those who join the Mountain Collective receive two free days of skiing or riding, unlimited 50% off single day lift tickets thereafter, and exclusive lodging deals at each of these 16 destinations: Alta (Utah), Aspen Snowmass (Colorado), Banff Sunshine (Alberta), Coronet Peak | The Remarkables (New Zealand), Jackson Hole (Wyoming), Lake Louise (Alberta), Mammoth Mountain (California), Revelstoke Mountain Resort (British Columbia), Snowbasin Resort (Utah), Snowbird (Utah), Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (California), Sugarbush Resort (Vermont), Sun Valley (Idaho), Taos Ski Valley (New Mexico), and Telluride Ski Resort (Colorado). With the Mountain Collective, it’s now possible for passionate skiers and riders to claim thousands of vertical feet and chase ideal winter conditions across Alberta, Australia, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, New Zealand, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming.
    Affiliate Destinations Include: Chamonix (France), Hakuba Valley (Japan) and Valle Nevado (Chile). Please note that Mountain Collective Members only receive 2 free lift tickets at the global affiliate destinations, and other benefits do not apply. See more here.

or

Is it worth it to purchase the Mountain Collective Pass if I only visit one destination?
    Typically, if you visit one destination for six days or more the pass will pay for itself.
    Correct. The MC makes sense if you are planning to ski more than one mountain which a lot of people do.

Next year, the VT ski market will be interesting. I agree with what someone said that we'll basically see an anomalous year of pass sales due to the shake up with Stowe going on Epic. After the shock of that hitting the VT/New England ski market, we should see a reset the following year.

For all the ice coasters who buy a MC/MAX/Epic type pass because they plan to ski out west, there are also a group of people who buy it and never actually go out West and realize they were better off buying per diem at their local mountain.

Yes, that is correct. There will be some different options and depending upon how many days you plan to ski here will determine the best pass for you. Don't do the math until you see all the prices for next year.
    Does that mean that Sugarbush is gong to increase their ticket window pricing from $97 per day to $125 per day?

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post

Thanks.
    Copy and paste from the Mountain Collective site:
    EACH 2017-18 PASSHOLDER WILL RECEIVE:
    2 DAYS AT THE COLLECTIVE DESTINATIONS FOR A TOTAL OF 32 DAYS PLUS A BONUS THIRD DAY AT THE DESTINATION OF YOUR CHOICE: (then a list of the mountains)

Doesn't that mean you could choose to take three days at Sugarbush, then get all additional days at 50% off? And you can buy a kid under 12 MC Pass for $1. So if you have a kid under 12, this is hard to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Does that mean that Sugarbush is gong to increase their ticket window pricing from $97 per day to $125 per day?
    Very important point. A 50% discount off a $125 list price is less compelling.