Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Does someone not familiar with SB see those same ads though? Many of the ads I see online are due to having visited a website for that company recently. Then after that you are "targeted" with those ads. When I was shopping for a new truck, all the ads were suddenly related to that. After i went to the mountain collective website I've now started seeing lots of ads for that. Problem is I'm seeing them after I know about these things already.

With the way online advertising works, I don't put much faith in it to hit new people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your right, It seems that they are retargeting only consumers that go to the mountain collective pass site and Sugarbush site. The marketing department should be targeting consumers who show interest in skiing. Such as consumers how go onto this site, Alpine zone, epic ski etc.. They could even target consumers that have gone on other ski resorts sites. Sugarbush could then set up campaign groups based on the demographics they are looking for in certain geographic locations based on Sugarbush's target demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Your right, It seems that they are retargeting only consumers that go to the mountain collective pass site and Sugarbush site. The marketing department should be targeting consumers who show interest in skiing. Such as consumers how go onto this site, Alpine zone, epic ski etc.. They could even target consumers that have gone on other ski resorts sites. Sugarbush could then set up campaign groups based on the demographics they are looking for in certain geographic locations based on Sugarbush's target demographic.
    I guess you guys need a millenial to explain how targeted online ads work. Sugarbush pays a company to get their ads online, we'll call this NetAdCo. NetAdCo then buys space on other websites for use for ALL of their clients. The space NetAdCo buys has their proprietary algorithm embedded in that "space" on the site that looks at your internet history and cookies and pops an ad in relative to the contents of those files.

Not all web ad companies are created equal. If NetAdCo is bad at their job, they see you went to Sugarbush.com and SkiMRV.com and thus put ads up for Sugarbush only. If NetAdCo has really good algorithms, then they see you searched "ski vacations" or visited a ski equipment site, looks at your IP, notes any other net history about other things and concludes Sugarbush is the best thing to populate in that ad space. Else, they can you hate long drives and don't want to spend mula on a hotel, but you live in Boston, so they put up an ad for Wachusset.

Scary shit. Anyways, my point is YOU may see ads for Sugarbush, but I see ads for Revelstoke, or even something completely different like Tom's Auto Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by brave fellow View Post
    Win, I gotta say you are throwing down the gauntlet in the East and saying SB really does belong amongst the elite mountains in NA. No, we cannot compete with what the west has, but SB should be part of any discussion about the top 5 mountains in the east. The new prices are extremely competitive and provide excellent value. I also think decoupling the kids pass from 40+ adult pass was a bright move because I have many friends of that age who don't have offspring.

Does SB plan a big advertising campaign to go with this change? In Boston, we see tons of ads for Stowe, Killington and the stupidly overpriced Hermitage. I've seen Whiteface ads on the Jersey turnpike when I visit family in Philly. Compared to those examples, I see little advertising from the Bush.

We will do some ads but won't talk about it on this public site. That said we find the most effective advertising is word of mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by muddy_hollow View Post
    I hear SB advertised on Wbur (public radio) all the time.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that there are plenty of people at Sugarbush already.

Quote Originally Posted by brave fellow View Post
    I guess you guys need a millenial to explain how targeted online ads work.
    Better yet there is always one at the top and bottom of Skimrv webpages. The company has its logo in the top right corner of all the ads. if you click the logo it will give you a good explanation. They seem to do a good job sending me ads for similar products to what i have looked at, like Taos and Heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingDog View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that there are plenty of people at Sugarbush already.
    There is always turnover every year, so one needs to keep replenishing. Nice thing about being private is we do not have to keep growing every year to please public investors. We can be very sustainable at the levels we are seeing this year and the previous few other than last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    There is always turnover every year, so one needs to keep replenishing. Nice thing about being private is we do not have to keep growing every year to please public investors. We can be very sustainable at the levels we are seeing this year and the previous few other than last winter.
    I'm very happy that you see it this way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm very happy that you see it this way.
    I'll second that!

I'll third that!

Snowmaking this weekend?

Question about the new passes and the Mountain Collective. Do corporate passes count as Premium? If not, my co-workers and I will need to know soon before the prices increase.
    Last edited by BarkingDog; 03-09-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Question about the new passes and the Mountain Collective. Do corporate passes count as Premium? If not, my co-workers and I will need to know soon before the prices increase.
    Most likely. Looking at that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Snowmaking this weekend?

Doing a bit for GMVS.

No spring fling or steins super cold gun powder? That's a bummer.

HUGE PROPS for Win and Co. on the new pass pricing and MC association!

I'll be renewing all my passes for next year. In doing so, I'll be sending just as many dollars to SB as for this year. But, MC is a great addition and the pricing feels more balanced.

Thank you, Win and Co. I believe your MC association will raise the profile of Sugarbush significantly.