Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BushSnowStake View Post
    Sugarbushskier9-

It's me, the snowstake. I know you're obsessed with me and my measurements but please give me and my owner Win a break. Time to give it a rest. I was comfortable in that hole and because of your unexplainable obsession with me I am now elevated and exposed. Are you content with this change? Nope, now you don't like how my measurements may be a little off in hurricane force winds. I am trying to not take his personally but your relentlessness is starting to wear me out. It's a long season and I am doing my best. Close the webcam once in a while and do something more productive and less stress inducing. Whether I am reading 0, 4 inches, or two feet, relax and enjoy the skiing.

Regards,

BushSnowStake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha!! This is awesome, couldn't agree more and said it better myself. Just be happy there is a stake and camera at the summit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Haha!! This is awesome, couldn't agree more and said it better myself. Just be happy there is a stake and camera at the summit!!!
    That was pure brilliance by whoever posted that. I got a good laugh out of it yesterday when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    That was pure brilliance by whoever posted that. I got a good laugh out of it yesterday when I read it.
    it really is an amazing post. opened my eyes to how annoying I was being. let my annoyance of the industrys marketing of snowfall get in the way of realizing that yes it's just a stick next to a camera that drifts from time to time.

anyway yesterday was a really sweet day aside from some wind holds but that was expected. soft snow everywhere but a little sticky in the natural snow areas. overall it was like a day in March when you can ski anything and feel like a pro ha. doubt the same can be said today.

i hope you guys enjoyed winter this year.. all two weeks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    Winter so far has been the prequel. The real deal starts in about 10 days. And it will last for more than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    Checking the extended forecast for the region is more depressing than reading Donal Trumps twitter feed.

Keep,the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Keep,the faith!
    Remember the winter of the three Holiday storm including the Valentine's Day four footer. Winter that year did not begin until February.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Remember the winter of the three Holiday storm including the Valentine's Day four footer. Winter that year did not begin until February.
    Funny...was just talking about that winter last night with Jason at pizza soul while waiting to pick up my pizza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    We'll never forget '07. And I'll never forget how bad it was prior thereto. I distinctly recall being at a holiday party and lamenting the incredible warmth and lack of snow when a fellow skier told me not to worry. It started turning around super bowl weekend.

Kudos to mountain ops. I was pleasantly surprised this weekend!

I'll copy/paste most of what I posted in the Sugarbush thread over on AZ:

While they may be only making snow on a handful of trails at a time...they are absolutely hammering them with a nice quality snow.

Downspout skied really nicely on Saturday with the ungroomed gunpowder. Today it was nice again this morning even after being groomed. Lower Organgrinder skied nice under the guns yesterday. Steins was mostly good under the guns yesterday (although there were still a few icy spots you had to watch out for under the snow). Today Stein's was skiing really nice after they turned the guns off. Organgrinder this morning had near 0 visibility at the top so I cut in off the traverse from Jester. The snow was sweet, but visibility was still a bit of a challenge, although better than it had been at the very top. I felt like at times I had to almost duck under the snowgun towers as the piles were so tall. Amazing how much snow they can pump out with cold temps.

The snow squalls this morning were a pleasant surprise as is the shift in the forecast for mid-week where it looks like they may now get 6+ inches of snow instead of the unfrozen stuff in the forecast just a few days ago. Still a long way to go to getting the mountain back in peak shape, but it is still a positive turn of events to help get us through things until the pattern changes later this month.

While they may be only making snow on a handful of trails at a time...they are absolutely hammering them with a nice quality snow.

Downspout skied really nicely on Saturday with the ungroomed gunpowder. Today it was nice again this morning even after being groomed. Lower Organgrinder skied nice under the guns yesterday. Steins was mostly good under the guns yesterday (although there were still a few icy spots you had to watch out for under the snow). Today Stein's was skiing really nice after they turned the guns off. Organgrinder this morning had near 0 visibility at the top so I cut in off the traverse from Jester. The snow was sweet, but visibility was still a bit of a challenge, although better than it had been at the very top. I felt like at times I had to almost duck under the snowgun towers as the piles were so tall. Amazing how much snow they can pump out with cold temps.

The snow squalls this morning were a pleasant surprise as is the shift in the forecast for mid-week where it looks like they may now get 6+ inches of snow instead of the unfrozen stuff in the forecast just a few days ago. Still a long way to go to getting the mountain back in peak shape, but it is still a positive turn of events to help get us through things until the pattern changes later this month.
    +1
    I can't believe I'm am going to say this but Downspout skied great the past two days. Birdland skied great. Mountain ops did a great job putting the mtn back together.
    btw, dusting to an inch seemed alot more from the turns I saw on Ripcord.

The snow squalls this morning were a pleasant surprise as is the shift in the forecast for mid-week where it looks like they may now get 6+ inches of snow instead of the unfrozen stuff in the forecast just a few days ago. Still a long way to go to getting the mountain back in peak shape, but it is still a positive turn of events to help get us through things until the pattern changes
    later this month.
    The Mountain Team thanks you. They have been working hard to get the mountain in shape for this busy weekend. The Strategy of putting down very good depth pays off when we have weather event like last week. The ten day forecast is now looking a bit better and possibly some nice snow Tuesday into Wednesday.

It was a busy weekend, that's for sure, for us snowmakers. Over the course of the weekend, we put down some serious depth on Downspout, OG, Lower OG, SB/Fling, and Stein's. It was a LOT of digging and moving around, which kept us nice and warm. I sampled the fruits of those efforts today (and will again tomorrow). Seeing some of those piles we made during the daylight is truly awe-inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    It was a busy weekend, that's for sure, for us snowmakers. Over the course of the weekend, we put down some serious depth on Downspout, OG, Lower OG, SB/Fling, and Stein's. It was a LOT of digging and moving around, which kept us nice and warm. I sampled the fruits of those efforts today (and will again tomorrow). Seeing some of those piles we made during the daylight is truly awe-inspiring.
    You and your team are doing a great job. Wait until we see tonight's snow on top of a winched Organgrinder. ��
    Last edited by winjr; 01-17-2017 at 07:35 PM.