Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Sugarbusher skiers and riders don't need heated bubble quads to have adventure and camaraderie. ��
    Haha! So true! Anytime someone suggests putting a bubble on one of our lifts I emphatically say we don't need it here! We're real skiers!

Gondola on slide brook would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    I think the slide brook lift is more likely to be removed.

Off to St Anton for a tons of ridiculousness. Austrians are know for three things. Music, Skiing and serious Apre. We plan to thoroughly indulge in all three. Hope everybody has a fun Warm week.

See you next month.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    +1 - would love to see this.

IMO, a gondola to replace Slide Brook is a waste of money. Never mind the fact that the Slide Brook chair isn't exactly old and should have plenty of years left on it.

Get rid of 1/2 the chairs and replace with cars or bubble chairs.

Anyone know what the skier visits were for Saturday and Sunday at SB. K is saying they had just over 17,500 skiers on Saturday. I was wondering if Sugarbush had over 9k on Saturday. Saturday seemed a lot busier than Christmas week of MLK weekend. Didn't even bother with Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Anyone know what the skier visits were for Saturday and Sunday at SB. K is saying they had just over 17,500 skiers on Saturday. I was wondering if Sugarbush had over 9k on Saturday. Saturday seemed a lot busier than Christmas week of MLK weekend. Didn't even bother with Sunday.
    I believe Saturday came in over 9k. Base area corrals were pretty full. Bravo was running at a reduced speed on Saturday due to the wind but was back up to full speed on Sunday. Sunday was a little less busy, still in the low 9k range, but most took advantage of the sun and later grooming on the Gate House side.

I can't even imagine 17k!

Regardless, good for the mountain, good for the Valley, good for the state!
    Last edited by shadyjay; 02-27-2017 at 04:45 PM.

looks like it's gonna be another march hoping for a miracle.

So what's up with North Ridge? Anyone know what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    So what's up with North Ridge? Anyone know what happened?
    The motor blew up on Monday. We shipped it out to Springfield, MA for repair and waiting to hear if it can be repaired or we need to buy a new one. Very frustrating as this was rebuilt two years ago and only had 1,500 of run time.one. It should have latest 10,000 hours. We should know more today..

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    The motor blew up on Monday. We shipped it out to Springfield, MA for repair and waiting to hear if it can be repaired or we need to buy a new one. Very frustrating as this was rebuilt two years ago and only had 1,500 of run time.one. It should have latest 10,000 hours. We should know more today..
    Ouch. That's a tough break and certainly frustrating.

Any chance for snowmaking to freshen things up this weekend?

I see Stowe is turning on the guns and so is Killington.,.

Sometimes peer pressure works

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbushskier9 View Post
    Any chance for snowmaking to freshen things up this weekend?

I see Stowe is turning on the guns and so is Killington.,.

Sometimes peer pressure works
    Quite honestly, I wish the mountain would rethink its snow making schedule. Given the past 3 out of 4 seasons - to me it makes sense to blow some snow in a lean February/March like we have this year. Just like Mortimer said - turn those machines on!!!

If the season is going to be over at the end of March, I may need to rethink my seasons pass purchase in the future.

I know turning the guns on may not make sense right now from a financial perspective, but if there is any money left in the budget, would be nice to see a refresh.

It's funny, I remember skiing into late April every year, now it's nice if we can make it through March.