Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

To confirm. What use to be an All Mountain Pass is called a Sugarbush Adult Premium Pass $799.00 (my age group) and includes the Mountain Collective Pass, Please confirm

From Win email just now:

In addition to the benefits of the Mountain Collective, we are making a number of changes to our Sugarbush season passes for next year. We will now offer a Sugarbush Adult Premium Pass (ages 40 - 64) for only $799, a Senior Premium Pass (ages 65 - 79) for $699, a Silver Senior Premium Pass (ages 80 - 89) for $149, a 90+ Premium Pass at no cost, a Youth Premium Pass (ages 7 - 1 for $349, a For20s Premium Pass (ages 19 - 29) for $349, and a new For30s Premium Pass (ages 30 - 39) for $549. These spring prices will be available until May 3rd and do not include the 6% sales tax that Vermont charges. All of our Premium Passes are valid every day that Sugarbush is open for skiing and riding, and they also include enrollment in the Mountain Collective program which offers a 50% discount off the day ticket price at all Mountain Collective members other than Sugarbush.

Yea, just saw that e-mail too. I must say I was not expecting those prices...

I am not surprised the price of the adult pass is bellow the cost of an epic pass. I did not get the email, what about the college pass?

College passes will be offered for sale in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post
    To confirm. What use to be an All Mountain Pass is called a Sugarbush Adult Premium Pass $799.00 (my age group) and includes the Mountain Collective Pass, Please confirm
    I don't believe that it includes the Mountain Collective pass, however as a premium pass holder you are entitled to 50% off lift tickets at other participating Mountain Collective resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    I don't believe that it includes the Mountain Collective pass, however as a premium pass holder you are entitled to 50% off lift tickets at other participating Mountain Collective resorts.
    Yup, that's my understanding as well especially based on the last sentence of the paragraph from the e-mail that Treeskier copy and pasted - "All of our Premium Passes are valid every day that Sugarbush is open for skiing and riding, and they also include enrollment in the Mountain Collective program which offers a 50% discount off the day ticket price at all Mountain Collective members other than Sugarbush."

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Yup, that's my understanding as well especially based on the last sentence of the paragraph from the e-mail that Treeskier copy and pasted - "All of our Premium Passes are valid every day that Sugarbush is open for skiing and riding, and they also include enrollment in the Mountain Collective program which offers a 50% discount off the day ticket price at all Mountain Collective members other than Sugarbush."
    That is correct

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    College passes will be offered for sale in the fall.
    That is correct as in past years

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post

From Win email just now:

In addition to the benefits of the Mountain Collective, we are making a number of changes to our Sugarbush season passes for next year. We will now offer a Sugarbush Adult Premium Pass (ages 40 - 64) for only $799, a Senior Premium Pass (ages 65 - 79) for $699, a Silver Senior Premium Pass (ages 80 - 89) for $149, a 90+ Premium Pass at no cost, a Youth Premium Pass (ages 7 - 1 for $349, a For20s Premium Pass (ages 19 - 29) for $349, and a new For30s Premium Pass (ages 30 - 39) for $549. These spring prices will be available until May 3rd and do not include the 6% sales tax that Vermont charges. All of our Premium Passes are valid every day that Sugarbush is open for skiing and riding, and they also include enrollment in the Mountain Collective program which offers a 50% discount off the day ticket price at all Mountain Collective members other than Sugarbush.
    This is correct. This was part of an email I sent to current passholders ahead of general mailing next week to let existing passholders know first.
    Last edited by winjr; 03-09-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Everything in the above postings confirms the 50% off lift tickets at the other 15 resorts with purchase of a Sugarbush Premium Pass. However, I'm still confused whether or not "enrollment in the Mountain Collective program" means that Premium passholders will also receive the two free days (plus a third at one selected resort) at other member areas? Or, will that benefit require the additional purchase of the Mountain Collective Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by pinnoke View Post
    Everything in the above postings confirms the 50% off lift tickets at the other 15 resorts with purchase of a Sugarbush Premium Pass. However, I'm still confused whether or not "enrollment in the Mountain Collective program" means that Premium passholders will also receive the two free days (plus a third at one selected resort) at other member areas? Or, will that benefit require the additional purchase of the Mountain Collective Pass?

To get the free days one needs to buy the MC pass. Strong first days sales of MC.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    To get the free days one needs to buy the MC pass. Strong first days sales of MC.
    Win, I gotta say you are throwing down the gauntlet in the East and saying SB really does belong amongst the elite mountains in NA. No, we cannot compete with what the west has, but SB should be part of any discussion about the top 5 mountains in the east. The new prices are extremely competitive and provide excellent value. I also think decoupling the kids pass from 40+ adult pass was a bright move because I have many friends of that age who don't have offspring.

Does SB plan a big advertising campaign to go with this change? In Boston, we see tons of ads for Stowe, Killington and the stupidly overpriced Hermitage. I've seen Whiteface ads on the Jersey turnpike when I visit family in Philly. Compared to those examples, I see little advertising from the Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by brave fellow View Post
    Win, I gotta say you are throwing down the gauntlet in the East and saying SB really does belong amongst the elite mountains in NA. No, we cannot compete with what the west has, but SB should be part of any discussion about the top 5 mountains in the east. The new prices are extremely competitive and provide excellent value. I also think decoupling the kids pass from 40+ adult pass was a bright move because I have many friends of that age who don't have offspring.

Does SB plan a big advertising campaign to go with this change? In Boston, we see tons of ads for Stowe, Killington and the stupidly overpriced Hermitage. I've seen Whiteface ads on the Jersey turnpike when I visit family in Philly. Compared to those examples, I see little advertising from the Bush.
    I hear SB advertised on Wbur (public radio) all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lot of sugarbush ads online.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I see a lot of sugarbush ads online.
    Does someone not familiar with SB see those same ads though? Many of the ads I see online are due to having visited a website for that company recently. Then after that you are "targeted" with those ads. When I was shopping for a new truck, all the ads were suddenly related to that. After i went to the mountain collective website I've now started seeing lots of ads for that. Problem is I'm seeing them after I know about these things already.

With the way online advertising works, I don't put much faith in it to hit new people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk