Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    FWIW, there was some major digging out done this afternoon of the snow stake and surrounding area...

What did they do to the trail down to the Castlerock Chair this morning. It was like skiing on bowling balls.

I liked it. It definitely showed who actually belonged and who didn't. Also some entertainment while standing in line. Hope the snow stake fills in so we can have some more engaging conversation about that. LOL
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I liked it. It definitely showed who actually belonged and who didn't. Also some entertainment while standing in line. Hope the snow stake fills in so we can have some more engaging conversation about that. LOL
    We made snow into the Connection and pushed it our but did not till it. We will till it our after the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    FWIW, there was some major digging out done this afternoon of the snow stake and surrounding area...

Yes, we did and also raised the platform. We think this will make it even more accurate. Now we need some snow to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Yes, we did and also raised the platform. We think this will make it even more accurate. Now we need some snow to check it out.
    That should def help make it more accurate. Lets pray for more snow and less rain in the upcoming warm up.

Win would you consider putting the snowfall totals for mid and base on the snow report page under the seasonal total column? Just curious about the totals so far at the other spots.

Also one thing I've noticed a lot more of this season is why is the Photo of the Day always seem to be a canned image from another day? It rarely seems to be a photo actually from today whenever i check the image of the day. Like the weather is completely different. like if its a snowy day there's a photo that pops up at 7am showing someone skiing in fresh snow but its obvious it didn't come from that day. Same with the social media posts seem to have a lot of photos from past days, though usually will say when the photo was taken.

Interesting watching the snow cam this evening. It should be a lot more accurate not that it's raised. Hooray! The wind is blowing hard and you can see the wind blown snow filling in the hole dug out around the board but now that the board isn't in a hole it isn't being affected by that wind loading. This should give a much more accurate reading. So stoked to see that the board isn't filling in with the wind like it used to (though marketing may not like it as much)Looks like a dusting now but if it was in the hole probably would've been a couple inches so far.

Win props for the better set up. Keep it out of a hole and you'll probably see much more accurate readings. Let's hope the warm up isn't as bad as they say. Everyone so far this seasons has been colder and not as bad as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbushskier9 View Post
    Interesting watching the snow cam this evening. It should be a lot more accurate not that it's raised. Hooray! The wind is blowing hard and you can see the wind blown snow filling in the hole dug out around the board but now that the board isn't in a hole it isn't being affected by that wind loading. This should give a much more accurate reading. So stoked to see that the board isn't filling in with the wind like it used to (though marketing may not like it as much)Looks like a dusting now but if it was in the hole probably would've been a couple inches so far.

Win props for the better set up. Keep it out of a hole and you'll probably see much more accurate readings. Let's hope the warm up isn't as bad as they say. Everyone so far this seasons has been colder and not as bad as expected.
    Yes, it does look accurate this morning. Looks like we are getting up to .5 inches of rain and then a cool down Thursday night. May not lose a lot but the groomers will have their work cut out for them. Friday could be rough but by Saturday should be better. If we could only end with some snow it would be a different story.. That happened this week,

Happy New Year Win. I have a question regarding the Slide Brook Express lift. I always see that it cannot operate without enough snow on the ground to allow for snowmobile access, in the case of a lift malfunction.
    While I understand the theory, I have to ask; Why does it have to be snowmobiles? Couldn't you replace some of them with ATVs/Quads? This small investment would allow greater access in variable conditions, and allow your multi-million dollar investment (SBX) to be used instead of just sitting idle for the majority of the season.
    Also, is this snowmobile rule a mandate, or is it a self imposed rule? I would have a hard time believing a snowmobile can get under the Cannon Mtn tram if that got stuck.
    Thanks for doing a great job with my favorite resort, and I look forward to your response.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Yes, it does look accurate this morning. Looks like we are getting up to .5 inches of rain and then a cool down Thursday night. May not lose a lot but the groomers will have their work cut out for them. Friday could be rough but by Saturday should be better. If we could only end with some snow it would be a different story.. That happened this week,
    I don't know by this morning it looked like a large drift again...not going to lie. but i guess 100mph winds will do that or whatever that was last night. you could see all the snow fill in around the board and then the whole thing came up.

I saw you reported 4" at the summit when the stake showed 6 so good to see its getting overruled when its not showing reality. you have no idea how much thats appreciated. always better to be right than to continue to report amounts guests wont find on the hill.

i will say in my travels at both sugarbush and stowe that snow cam has been a topic of discussion and it does seem like its getting a reputation of measuring in a drift or a hole or whatever. don't want to see sugarbush get a jay peak reputation but it seems like its taken heat off jay's numbers as everyone is focused on the bush's cam. great marketing idea as people are talking for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Njski View Post
    This small investment would allow greater access in variable conditions, and allow your multi-million dollar investment (SBX) to be used instead of just sitting idle for the majority of the season.
    Just to be clear, Win didn't make a multi-million dollar investment in the Slide Brook chair. It just happened to come with the mountain when he bought the resort.

Sugarbushskier9-

It's me, the snowstake. I know you're obsessed with me and my measurements but please give me and my owner Win a break. Time to give it a rest. I was comfortable in that hole and because of your unexplainable obsession with me I am now elevated and exposed. Are you content with this change? Nope, now you don't like how my measurements may be a little off in hurricane force winds. I am trying to not take his personally but your relentlessness is starting to wear me out. It's a long season and I am doing my best. Close the webcam once in a while and do something more productive and less stress inducing. Whether I am reading 0, 4 inches, or two feet, relax and enjoy the skiing.

Regards,

BushSnowStake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BushSnowStake View Post
    Sugarbushskier9-

It's me, the snowstake. I know you're obsessed with me and my measurements but please give me and my owner Win a break. Time to give it a rest. I was comfortable in that hole and because of your unexplainable obsession with me I am now elevated and exposed. Are you content with this change? Nope, now you don't like how my measurements may be a little off in hurricane force winds. I am trying to not take his personally but your relentlessness is starting to wear me out. It's a long season and I am doing my best. Close the webcam once in a while and do something more productive and less stress inducing. Whether I am reading 0, 4 inches, or two feet, relax and enjoy the skiing.

Regards,

BushSnowStake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this is amazing!!! are you the snowstake rabbit?

heading up for some turns today in the rain as it's my day off and that's what we do. i'll stop by and leave you a heady topper later and have a chat. if any of you see a heady sitting next to the stake you'll know sugarbush skier made up with the stake. tho I don't condone littering so I'll make sure to pack your can out when you are done with it. or just give it to the top operator of the Gate, they know what to do with a topper.
    Last edited by Sugarbushskier9; 01-12-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Njski View Post
    Happy New Year Win. I have a question regarding the Slide Brook Express lift. I always see that it cannot operate without enough snow on the ground to allow for snowmobile access, in the case of a lift malfunction.
    While I understand the theory, I have to ask; Why does it have to be snowmobiles? Couldn't you replace some of them with ATVs/Quads? This small investment would allow greater access in variable conditions, and allow your multi-million dollar investment (SBX) to be used instead of just sitting idle for the majority of the season.
    Also, is this snowmobile rule a mandate, or is it a self imposed rule? I would have a hard time believing a snowmobile can get under the Cannon Mtn tram if that got stuck.
    Thanks for doing a great job with my favorite resort, and I look forward to your response.
    I am not sure that would work. If it were ground all the way then an ATV would work. What we have now are exposed water bars at the lower elevations and then a decent amount of snow at the upper elevations. We do bring a groomer in to try to make the roads work but there just is not enough snowpack to more around.

Looks like the snow stake has a case of shrinkage. Oye,.... Not good.