Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brave fellow View Post
    Just got the email from the mountain plus from my house crew. One thing we can't seem to agree on: if a SB season pass holder does NOT buy an MC pass, does the SB season pass holder still get 50% off all the MC mountains?
    My Stowe young adult pass this year included 50% off so I assume my SB pass will next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbushskier9 View Post
    My Stowe young adult pass this year included 50% off so I assume my SB pass will next year too.
    I just checked the site, and it seems like this is the case,... Assuming an "All Mountain 7" is considered a premium pass. If that is the case - this is a fairly good deal then. I originally thought we would only benefit if you buy the additional $399 pass. If I can buy a pass at Snowmass 50% off, this is a good deal (or better than the 16-17' offering)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting you look at the mountian collective pass for $399 and you get two days at each resort. Then you look at the epic 4 day pass and for only $20 dollars more you get 4 days at each resort.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    I just checked the site, and it seems like this is the case,... Assuming an "All Mountain 7" is considered a premium pass. If that is the case - this is a fairly good deal then. I originally thought we would only benefit if you buy the additional $399 pass. If I can buy a pass at Snowmass 50% off, this is a good deal (or better than the 16-17' offering)
    Oh it's definitely an added benefit for pass holders. It costs you nothing and gets added benefit of 50% off lift tickets at the other resorts. Sugarbush had to add value to the pass somehow with the Epic pass announced today at $859 including Stowe.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Interesting you look at the mountian collective pass for $399 and you get two days at each resort. Then you look at the epic 4 day pass and for only $20 dollars more you get 4 days at each resort.
    Careful. The epic 4 day is just that...4 days total. It isn't 4 days at each. You can mix and match the 4 at the resorts they list, but you're not skiing 4 at vail plus 4 at abasin plus 4 at whistler, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Careful. The epic 4 day is just that...4 days total. It isn't 4 days at each. You can mix and match the 4 at the resorts they list, but you're not skiing 4 at vail plus 4 at abasin plus 4 at whistler, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountain collective will certainly be an improvement over what I have now. However - the epic pass is a fricken deal! (BETTER DEAL THAN THE COLLECTIVE PASS) I just skied in Switzerland and dropped many thousands on ski passes for myself and family. If i had an epic pas - that trip would have been free! (hotel and air fair were paid with points)

Quote Originally Posted by brave fellow View Post
    Just got the email from the mountain plus from my house crew. One thing we can't seem to agree on: if a SB season pass holder does NOT buy an MC pass, does the SB season pass holder still get 50% off all the MC mountains?
    Details will be out on on 2017/2018 very soon!

Good research. Stay tuned for all the info shortly.

What do you mean premium pass?

Wouldn't the young adult pass have it as well? I guess SB calls those the 420 pass and Early30s...which is what I bought this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Called it!
    Yeah only logical after Stowe dropped off it that SB would pick up where Stowe left off.

Someone from SkiVermont who lives near me in Montpelier gave me the heads up weeks ago and it seemed almost immediately after Vail announced the purchase of Stowe.It happened amazingly quick. They must've called Win like that evening

Wouldn't the young adult pass have it as well? I guess SB calls those the 420 pass and Early30s...which is what I bought this season.
    Not sure if they will include the young adult pass - my guess is they will not - as you are not paying the premium price I am paying. The term "Premium Pass" comes from the Mtn. Collective website.

"Premium" is the term Mountain Collective uses on their website. Stowe allowed all 7 day passholders to have access to the 50% off Mountain Collective benefit. The mid-week passes were the ones they didn't give the MC benefits to. Makes sense I think. We should know soon the details on what SB passes will be eligible for the free of charge 50% off lift ticket benefit.

Mountain collective will certainly be an improvement over what I have now. However - the epic pass is a fricken deal! (BETTER DEAL THAN THE COLLECTIVE PASS) I just skied in Switzerland and dropped many thousands on ski passes for myself and family. If i had an epic pas - that trip would have been free! (hotel and air fair were paid with points)
    No doubt the full Epic is a great deal. I was simply pointing out that comparing the MC to the Epic 4 day pass (As they are nearly the same price and nhskier was comparing the two) is misleading as they both do very different things. The MC pass gives you 2 passes at each participating resort (and then 50% off after that) while the Epic 4 day pass is really more like the Vail/Epic version of the Sugarbush Quad pack.

Do I sense RFID next year? Many of mountains on the MC have it. Just got back from Alta/Bird and it is awesome. Also love the corrals there with 4 lines and "front row".