Sugarbush 16/17 season

While I never thought I would say this, but I'm happy it rained out. Now SB can get down to business. Just in time, looks like some cold weather is coming in.

Right on! However I have a suspicion that the low water issue will be a running theme here for a while. But at the end of the day what the fuck can you really do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    Right on! However I have a suspicion that the low water issue will be a running theme here for a while. But at the end of the day what the fuck can you really do about it.
    Hopefully we get a ton of snow so the water becomes irrelevant!

Yes my friend. Snow! That is the stuff we need. Better from the sky for sure.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Great weekend so far. Over a foot last night and today and it keeps snowing! Checking the snow board I see they are still getting some. I don't know if this early season snow is a harbinger or if Win settled his quarrel with mother nature from last year but things are lookin up and I am feeling very positive this year. Let's see if that holds...

Sugarbash tonight with the grift. Lots of my favorite people and good music. So stoked this year. May it carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Great weekend so far. Over a foot last night and today and it keeps snowing! Checking the snow board I see they are still getting some. I don't know if this early season snow is a harbinger or if Win settled his quarrel with mother nature from last year but things are lookin up and I am feeling very positive this year. Let's see if that holds...

Sugarbash tonight with the grift. Lots of my favorite people and good music. So stoked this year. May it carry on.
    Pictures from SB look great. Noticed big difference in snow TTB. Was wondering where the real heavy snow came down(2ft mark) to, bottom of Spillsville? Any word on their next expansion? Will they be able to get Snowball/Spring Fling and lower organgrider/lower jester back next weekend?

They opened upper paradise this morning. it was almost like mid winter. I skied it 3 times and did not hit anything. No kidding. They opened down to the bottom on lower DS and Lower Jester. Very sticky and very tricky with the guns. I am not sure of the line up for new terrain. With valley ski week coming up I would bet they start over at Gate house to get some beginner terrain. Then lower Organ grinder, Birdland and middle jester before Spring Fling. It just what they usually do.

They just opened all the trails directly off Super Bravo and Heavens Gate, including Lower Birdland and Gondolier, but nothing off of Valley House. I would be surprised if there are still closed trails off Gate House and Valley house by the end of the day Tuesday. I guess Beginner terrain is next since, then North Lynx if it's still closed. There website appears to be down now and was slow when I took a look at the snow report.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    They just opened all the trails directly off Super Bravo and Heavens Gate, including Lower Birdland and Gondolier, but nothing off of Valley House. I would be surprised if there are still closed trails off Gate House and Valley house by the end of the day Tuesday. I guess Beginner terrain is next since, then North Lynx if it's still closed.
    I believe VH side is next, including Snowball->Fling. Then I would guess we head towards Pushover and Easy Rider to get Gate House open. Gate House side doesn't tend to open on "au natural" since its advertised as a beginner area. After Pushover, either Lower OG/Middle Jester would be next. Don't expect snowmaking on North Lynx until later in the month at the earliest. Depends on how the rest of the month goes and what the weather does.

All of Castlerock open but no Valley House trail. Is there no order left to this world? I don't think i have ever seen Castlerock open before moonshine and twist. Also the 2pm report makes no mention of Castlerock so could that be a mistake?

Can't wait to get out in the morning. Got up here around 3 and it sure looks like winter. Was wondering as well whether the castlerock trails were a mistake since no mention in the report. If they are open for hike access, sure would be tempting but probably not a good idea on my first day of the season.

Wow they quietly opened Castlerock I guess. I guess our private little area was not going to last long. Oh well Go and get it.