Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

Opening Day

Will we be skiing on 11/19?

Looks like a solid window to make some snow this weekend, but next week is looking dicey.

Finally snowmaking at the base of heavens gate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It was nice to finally see snowmaking at the base of HG late this afternoon on the cam.

I figured at best you'll have skiing off HG but decided it wouldn't be worth the drive up with the current weather forecast so made my yearly eye dr appt for 11/19. So while there may be skiing, I won't be there. Looks like it will be December for my first turns this year. I'm still rooting for them to be able to open for 11/19 though. We'll see what kind of production they get from snowmaking this weekend. While the weather this week doesn't look good for snowmaking, I also don't think it looks bad enough to melt too much if they can put down enough this weekend.

It will be a little dicey. Looks like a better weather pattern may present itself the weekend before Thanksgiving. If they can't make the 19th, I'd be shocked if they don't hit Black Friday.

They're making it and...

...not sure but it looks as though at ME too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder how the fake stuff is holding up

Next 4 days aren't going to be helpful, but if the pattern changes the way it looks on Sunday, I would say that there should be skiing/riding on Wed, if not earlier...

Saturday night could prove to be fruitful.

And would be a great way to set up a string of sub 32 days going into following weekend.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to have downloading on Wednesday and potential t2b by weekend if the forecast holds...

I'm a bit surprised the snow report seems to still be holding out hope of opening this weekend.

They posted pictures of the glen house area and that looked ready to go. It would be a surprise but if the lifts are ready to go they could open Mt. Ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I'm a bit surprised the snow report seems to still be holding out hope of opening this weekend.
    We know that the bottom of HG doesn't have enough snow, so the only hope at opening this weekend would be over at North... Unless this past weekends production was incredible. They were starting from the ground there at bottom of HG.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    They posted pictures of the glen house area and that looked ready to go. It would be a surprise but if the lifts are ready to go they could open Mt. Ellen.
    Yeah I wonder if they'd open MEllen on Saturday and then open Lincoln Peak on Wednesday and close MEllen?

My gut says no as that's a huge pain in the ass to have to staff Mt Ellen side then switch everything to LP.

Also looks like Stowe has already moved their opening day to Wednesday. Their report mentions lack of snow around the base area. Sucks not having an upper mountain lift lol.

They updated the snow report and posted on Facebook that they are pushing opening day back to Wednesday at LP with Jester, Upper OG, and Downspout with downloading on Super Bravo.