Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

We skied ME today which would have been the best shot. Given the warm days forecasted through Sunday we are putting off opening until next Wednesday. The first few might have had some nice turns but it would get trashed quickly. Looks like good snowmaking temps starting late Sunday so we will most likely open LP with downloading and skiing Upper Jester, Upper Organgrinder and Downspout and trying to get top to bottom asap. We will attempt to have Upper Jester and Elbow for some of the World Cup competitors to train on.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    They updated the snow report and posted on Facebook that they are pushing opening day back to Wednesday at LP with Jester, Upper OG, and Downspout with downloading on Super Bravo.
    Thanks for the heads up! The report was updated earlier today saying they still thought 11/19...so I never would've checked again today. Wonder when that came out.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    We skied ME today which would have been the best shot. Given the warm days forecasted through Sunday we are putting off opening until next Wednesday. The first few might have had some nice turns but it would get trashed quickly. Looks like good snowmaking temps starting late Sunday so we will most likely open LP with downloading and skiing Upper Jester, Upper Organgrinder and Downspout and trying to get top to bottom asap. We will attempt to have Upper Jester and Elbow for some of the World Cup competitors to train on.
    Thanks for the update. Win is this season's snowmaking at Ellen a change from previous years? Doesn't Inverness get the early snowmaking normally?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbushskier9 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! The report was updated earlier today saying they still thought 11/19...so I never would've checked again today. Wonder when that came out.
    Only reason I refreshed the snow report was because I saw the post on Facebook. I'm assuming they did them both around the same time. Looks like that FB post was made a bit before 3PM.

... and thanks to Nick, we're back online

I was worried we would never see this forum again!

Me too! Anybody with some computer experience willing to take it off Nick's hands? I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I can not access through my work PC. It is still getting blocked. Quick update.. trails with snowmaking held up really well after the rain, so we can focus on expanding terrain once temps come down. Looks like Ripcord next..

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    I can not access through my work PC. It is still getting blocked. Quick update.. trails with snowmaking held up really well after the rain, so we can focus on expanding terrain once temps come down. Looks like Ripcord next..
    Win...what's the reasoning behind listing 9 trails open when the paying public can only get to 4? Yesterday it said 4 trails, and then today I looked and saw 9 trails....got very excited that the new snowfall opened up some additional terrain. Then scrolled the trail listing to find 5 listed as open at Mt Ellen? I only ask because I was so pumped that maybe the new snow opened more terrain and then it was like getting your heart ripped out haha.

Not a huge fan of including that in the trail count for what can only be purely marketing purposes. This weekend will there be 9 trails open yet only 4 that paying people can ski on?

What do you mean..... GVS pays to ski there.

actually I don't care about the count as long as they keep blowing snow.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

The trails at ME are open but reserved for race training by GMVS. These trails are marked "R" on the snow report.. They do pay to have these trails open. Sorry for any confusion.

We are blowing snow on both mountains whenever temps allow now. Waiting for temps to get lower in next few days.

13" of new snow past two days!

I'm seeing 9" in last 24 hours on report but snow cam says 6-7".

Either way game on!

It snowed all yesterday afternoon. I think they cleaned off the board in the afternoon so that was the other 3". Good skiing. Again mother nature bailed them out with snow from heaven.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It snowed all yesterday afternoon. I think they cleaned off the board in the afternoon so that was the other 3". Good skiing. Again mother nature bailed them out with snow from heaven.
    Well there is a 24 hour loop and it only got cleared once...and a time stamp lol. It's pretty easy to see what's happening and it's 6-7" in 24 hours, just interested if maybe the groomers thought it was low or something?

Doesn't matter but some of us are anal retentive on this stuff.

I would say you should be thrilled whether it's 6-7 or 9". I'm in a hospital in West Chester, PA right now with my new baby daughter, Evie, who arrived 6am this morning. As such, this will be the first year my family hasn't spent the week between xmas and new years at Sugarbush in over a decade. At least I got skimrv back so I can live vicariously thru you all. Enjoy the pow