Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name the trail

Name the trail

Where was this photo I saw on Sugarbush's Twitter feed taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paradise

Name the trail

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Paradise
    The tree line is much more defined on paradise.

It looks like you approach from skiers left. Is it possible they flipped a picture of fis. And the left is really the right.

yup, thats exactly what I was thinking. If you flip the pic, it looks like FIS

Why not? The current SB ad on The Point is advertising the Bush as having 139 trails. So again, why not?

+1 on flipped fis

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Why not? The current SB ad on The Point is advertising the Bush as having 139 trails. So again, why not?
    That's trails + Glades.

I'd also vote for a flipped FIS...There are very few wide steep trails like that. You can see a rope across the top as well which is common for FIS but not many other trails.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I'd also vote for a flipped FIS...There are very few wide steep trails like that. You can see a rope across the top as well which is common for FIS but not many other trails.
    no doubt that is Upper FIS and taken possibly from the Summit lift down low before it even hits Looking Good. Surprised there are no guns on the skiers left though . . . . . . .

+1 Looks like a flip pic of FIS. Great to see all the activity on this board again. You know its really ski season when you start to hear complaints about snowmaking - just waiting for that to start up.

BTW - not sure who is running this forum - but it is in desperate need of some maintenance. It is still classified a a dangerous site when i open up with Google Chrome and IOS.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    +1 Looks like a flip pic of FIS. Great to see all the activity on this board again. You know its really ski season when you start to hear complaints about snowmaking - just waiting for that to start up.

BTW - not sure who is running this forum - but it is in desperate need of some maintenance. It is still classified a a dangerous site when i open up with Google Chrome and IOS.
    I've been clicking "not a dangerous site" and reporting it as not dangerous for months now in Firefox. I guess that "report as false positive" or whatever it is called does absolutely nothing since it is still marked that way (and I see nothing inherently wrong with it).

On another note, I'd love to hear more details about what they did with snowmaking repairs/upgrades this year. I know they said they weren't doing anything fancy, but even if they simply replaced some pipes I'm always interested in details. At one point earlier this summer I saw them digging along the fence visible in the Heaven's Gate webcam. Not sure if that was some snowmaking pipe work over there or something else. Not sure what else would be there though unless it was drainage work or an electric line underground over there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I've been clicking "not a dangerous site" and reporting it as not dangerous for months now in Firefox. I guess that "report as false positive" or whatever it is called does absolutely nothing since it is still marked that way (and I see nothing inherently wrong with it).

On another note, I'd love to hear more details about what they did with snowmaking repairs/upgrades this year. I know they said they weren't doing anything fancy, but even if they simply replaced some pipes I'm always interested in details. At one point earlier this summer I saw them digging along the fence visible in the Heaven's Gate webcam. Not sure if that was some snowmaking pipe work over there or something else. Not sure what else would be there though unless it was drainage work or an electric line underground over there.
    As for the site. The current version of Tapatalk works great for ios.

I think the improvements this year are pretty minimal since they had such a bad year after spending a lot of money on improvements. I hope those low E guns made up for the loss in revenue. My guess is they replace a few snowmaking pipes that needed replacement and maybe some of the new pipes will allow more snowmaking. I believe Win said last year lower downspout's pipes were limiting snow making production on the upper mountain so I guess thats what there doing by Heavens gate. Also there are power lines on he other side of the trail so running electrical wiring along that fence does not make sense. I saw them doing work on the upper shack at Heavans Gate. I hope they improve the electrical systems up there since i heard that is why the lifties don't play music there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    As for the site. The current version of Tapatalk works great for ios.
    That doesn't help me on my desktop computer!

And yes I agree improvements were "minimal" (Win said they were going to be more low-key items being done this off-season compared to other years). I still like knowing what was done even if it was nothing "visible". I know they fixed the problem with the dam in the Mad River to divert water to the snowmaking pond. The work I saw on the Heaven's Gate webcam earlier this summer with digging is perhaps what I'm most interested in.

There is no power to the top of HG. It runs up skiers right of Ripcord and goes to the WDEV antenna at the start of Jester. Lifties would need to use batteries.