Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fis

Maybe it will be groomed this last weekend?

How about Win installs a magic carpet right up the middle for the whiNY skiers?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    How about Win installs a magic carpet right up the middle for the whiNY skiers?
    You are the whiniest one in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    You are the whiniest one in this thread.
    Really, how do you figure that?

I skied FIS last Friday & didn't complain.

In fact I spoke with Win out on the hill & commended him on a fine job this season.

But sure, let's plant trees on FIS, and then close the trail for the next 10 years while they mature.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    But sure, let's plant trees on FIS, and then close the trail for the next 10 years while they mature.
    Relax, man. Just talking about some stuff. No need to get your panties in a bunch. And who said anything about closing the trail for a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    And who said anything about closing the trail for a decade?
    You wouldn't necessarily need to close the trail, but you would probably need to rope off an area around the trees while they grow in for at least a few years to help protect them when they are young.

I'm already excited about next year,.. i think we are going to get so much snow - all the trees will be covered and the place will be one big giant snow field

ironically, had the best bump runs of the season on FIS yesterday. Good line skiers left.

Fis

FIS progressed throughout the day on Sunday. Early on, only the far skiers left bump line was soft enough to ski due to the sun exposure. Throughout the day it progressed until the sun softened to about the halfway mark. It was really soft and quite fun. It's a shame it ended as soon as it hit spring form, but now we have Stein's to enjoy.

Did they re-open Mt Ellen this past weekend? I feel like I read they were doing that but then couldn't find any info on it.

Wednesday march 30 - Was a beautiful day but the snow was very firm in the morning. Best view around.
    Last edited by pcampbell; 04-04-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcampbell View Post
    Did they re-open Mt Ellen this past weekend? I feel like I read they were doing that but then couldn't find any info on it.
    If they did it was the best kept secret ever and private invite only!

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    If they did it was the best kept secret ever and private invite only!

haha
    maybe i was looking at a page from last year

Be careful if you go skinning

It's all good (Dust on chunky ice) til the end of Cruiser.

Then dust on rocks and dirt and gravel below cruiser.