Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Food intel

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion of course but with all other things aside, $569k without adequate parking is a nonstarter as a restaurant investment. Yes I know the seller and/or buyer might be able to obtain a parking license from Valero, but licenses are revocable.. Best of luck to the current owner in peddling this property.
    Was parking an issue when it was egans? I always thought they did a good business there.

I was always able to find parking at Egans when they were open. Now people from localfolk park there all the time though and stopping that could be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Good seeing you Saturday. Hope you enjoyed. Saturday, I thought, was great. Really had a fun conditions all over.
    Same here. i wish we had more time to talk, but the mountain was too good Saturday to not take full advantage.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Was parking an issue when it was egans? I always thought they did a good business there.
    I agree, it was extremely busy for many, many years. I went there lots of times as Egans, and dozens and dozens of times when it was Gallaghers. I often waited for a table at Egan's, so they were operating at capacity. I don't remember parking being an issue. Parking at the gas station was never done in the past or ever considered as far as I know...not sure how that issue popped up into existence. That is how rumors start I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    I agree, it was extremely busy for many, many years. I went there lots of times as Egans, and dozens and dozens of times when it was Gallaghers. I often waited for a table at Egan's, so they were operating at capacity. I don't remember parking being an issue. Parking at the gas station was never done in the past or ever considered as far as I know...not sure how that issue popped up into existence. That is how rumors start I guess.
    Of course, one could always park across the street at 'Smokehouse'

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    3 of us from Club X visited Blue Stone a couple of Friday nights ago. 1/2 hour promised wait turned into hour & fifteen minutes. Food was very good. We sat at a table bordering newly installed windows on the front. They must hace cheaped out on the windows because we all froze.
    Went to Blue Stone with a friend about 2 weeks ago on a Tuesday night. Place was busy and we had a "15 minute" wait. It turned into 30. I watched them seat a party of 3 who came in after us before us at a 4 person table. We waited an extra 5 minutes for a 2 person. We weren't asked if that was ok (I wouldn't have minded), so that was frustrating.

We both ordered pizza, but my friend is gluten free and ordered that crust specifically. Knowing that almost all GF crusts are pre made, she asked the runner what brand it was since she hadn't seen it before. The runner replied that it wasn't GF because they had run out of GF crust. She figured that the kitchen had told our waitress and she had confirmed that my friend was ok with a regular crust. That wasn't the case, and the waitress was dumbfounded that she hadn't been informed and that it had come out regular. Since my friend is actually allergic (not intolerant) to gluten, that could have been a big problem. Needless to say, our pizzas were delivered about the same time, so my friend said I could eat while she ordered a burger without the bun. The burger came 20 minutes later, so we were both able to awkwardly stare at each other as we ate. They were nice enough to throw in a free flourless dessert, but it was still a huge customer service blunder.

That being said, the pizza was as good as the one in Waterbury and my friend said her burger was great. Despite the service, I would return.

There's one place that is absolutely excellent that I rarely hear mentioned. Yes, it is pricey, but imo worth it if you want to splurge and treat yourself once in a while...Pitcher Inn. From top to bottom it is just excellent all around. The menu is creative. The food is cooked to perfection (I've never seen such an amazing sear on scallops and duck breast) and insanely delicious. The service is top notch. The wine list has a great selection (and not all of it is expensive either as I saw bottles in the low 30s on the list). Definitely something anyone looking for a truly special dinner should consider.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    There's one place that is absolutely excellent that I rarely hear mentioned. Yes, it is pricey, but imo worth it if you want to splurge and treat yourself once in a while...Pitcher Inn. From top to bottom it is just excellent all around. The menu is creative. The food is cooked to perfection (I've never seen such an amazing sear on scallops and duck breast) and insanely delicious. The service is top notch. The wine list has a great selection (and not all of it is expensive either as I saw bottles in the low 30s on the list). Definitely something anyone looking for a truly special dinner should consider.
    Love the pitcher inn. All good. But ....upstairs is a long meal. Totally worth it for the right occasion. Downstairs is awesome too but not formal and long. Love the game room.

I've been saying for a while that I want to get to Tracks downstairs one day. I did try to go there earlier this year but they had no room that night.

According to Dino, opening weekend for The Reks will be Brew Fest weekend...

Had a sweet shrimp and grits at LocalFolk Smoke House. Forgot how good and reasonable the food is there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    According to Dino, opening weekend for The Reks will be Brew Fest weekend...
    Dino said june 10th last weekend. I didn't connect that with brew fest but it is that weekend. Hope it works out for Dino.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Had a sweet shrimp and grits at LocalFolk Smoke House. Forgot how good and reasonable the food is there.
    Yup...I went there after skiing today and had an andouille melt sandwich. I think I was only there one other time this winter but definitely good stuff. I like their extensive beer selection too.

Well Dino is now officially opening the Reks in July. Right now they're doing a soft-opening. Saturday night they were having a hip-hop party so I passed on going.

I did finally check out Blue Stone though thanks to the rain on Saturday. Normally I'd eat at the Brew Fest but with the rain there was really no where to sit so we decided to just taste beer and then left around 4:30 to go grab some food at Blue Stone. The food was really good. Had the calamari appetizer and one of the pizzas (can't remember what it was called, but it had bacon, ham, and pulled pork on it). Both were excellent. When we left almost all the tables were full and there was still quite a bit of room in the parking lot. That really makes me wonder what it looks like inside when the parking lot is full as was the case numerous times during the winter when I passed.

That would be "The Three Little Pigs". I can't wait to try of the Reks in July. I should be up there sometime soon. Haven't been up since April 15.