Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tonight's Storm . . . Hmm . . .

Discuss . . .

. . . definitely should free up some low angle . .

Quote Originally Posted by _Ski View Post
    Discuss . . .

. . . definitely should free up some low angle . .
    Couple inches. Most welcome. Definitely helpful but not freeing up anything for me.

Snowing pretty good now in the Tweed Valley . .

Agree,... I think we will get more than they are talking about.

Hope you all are enjoying it. I'm missing out. On the drive up last night the abs light came on in my truck and then shortly after that noticed a scraping noise in the front end when making turns. Suspected the wheel bearings were going but no one in the valley was open today to fix it. Ended up making it down to Rutland this morning to hopefully have it fixed.

Our forecast this morning is calling for 2-3" tonight, 1-2 tomorrow and 1-2" Monday night. He is often conservative. I think the morning will be sweet!

I'm thinking about heading up for Wednesday given the forecast for tonight and the next couple days...sounds sweet. My sister said the hike to Castlerock was well worth it to avoid the crowds and the snow was great yesterday. Said it was icy today though.

So how much snow actually fell from this system? I don't want to seem like I'm harping on the Snow Report all the time but the snowfall reporting is maddening sometimes.

Yesterday afternoon the 2pm update said 1" of snow fell during the day (while the snowfall table said 3-3-2)...then today it says another 4" since yesterday afternoon? My sister who is at our condo this weekend said the snow stopped falling at like 1pm yesterday? This to me sounds like another 4" fell last evening and night? And the Snowfall Table still shows 3-3-3.

I guess my question is how much snow fell after 1pm yesterday. My sister said flurries but the report says 4".

Status update for Sun, Jan 17

1:30 PM

We're closing out the weekend with the most open trails in the East. We've been enjoying excellent conditions, thanks to our snow makers and Mother Nature, who rewarded us with 18" of fresh snow this week, including an additional 4" since yesterday afternoon.
    Last edited by tedwillie; 01-17-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Our forecast this morning is calling for 2-3" tonight, 1-2 tomorrow and 1-2" Monday night. He is often conservative. I think the morning will be sweet!
    Works for me.

Wow was today good. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Wow was today good. Good stuff.
    Yep, one of the best days of the season for our crew.

Windy today. Upslope Machine has also been turned on. They are forecasting a few inches. All Good. Not looking positive on the Saturday Storm. Models seem to be in agreement that it will go south but I'm not giving up yet. Everybody focus on the system and draw it north!

Didn't see you this weekend Howie. Didn't make it out to North so I assume that is where you were.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Windy today. Upslope Machine has also been turned on. They are forecasting a few inches. All Good. Not looking positive on the Saturday Storm. Models seem to be in agreement that it will go south but I'm not giving up yet. Everybody focus on the system and draw it north!

Didn't see you this weekend Howie. Didn't make it out to North so I assume that is where you were.
    skied north saturday, then lp sunday and monday.

keep the faith for the weekend storm, there's still time.

It is raining in Squaw Valley. Usually snows when I leave so keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    It is raining in Squaw Valley. Usually snows when I leave so keep the faith!
    I am sure they are happy to get the precipitation even if it is rain.

Anyone know how much the mountain got today. All the resort around them are reporting some decent snow. I haven't seen any new updates on SB website yet about new snow.