Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Thanks Win. I think I know my first 2 runs tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the tip Win. Just gave me a little incentive to get out tomorrow. And I needed some incentice. So depressing with no snow in the valley in Feb

I've seen worse in VT. going into Presidents week. In fact the lack of snow in VT.during Pres. week is what first got me up to Quebec City many moons ago. Don't know if it's the same this year but that year QC was buried, I mean buried, VT. brown.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    I've seen worse in VT. going into Presidents week. In fact the lack of snow in VT.during Pres. week is what first got me up to Quebec City many moons ago. Don't know if it's the same this year but that year QC was buried, I mean buried, VT. brown.
    That's how I feel. Not that this is good, it's inarguably awful, but there have been a few seasons in recent memory that have been crappy going in to presidents week.

The grooming on steins last night was outstanding. First run down steins was awesome at 8. I skied it again around 9 and it had changed quite a bit by then with everyone skiing it but it was still fun.

The snow being made on upper organ grinder seemed much wetter and stickier than the snow being made yesterday on downspout and lower organ grinder. Maybe temps were better yesterday.

All in all a good day this morning.

It seemed the snow that the marketing department had shipped from out west at the Beginning of January did the trick, but we need more help. Maybe they can fly the yeti spotted in Spain over in February to get it to snow again. The picture looks like paradise.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 12.29.43 PM.jpg

Looking at the snow report i don't see any snow being made at Mt Ellen. Is the mountain done making snow at Mt Ellen.

V
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    The grooming on steins last night was outstanding. First run down steins was awesome at 8. I skied it again around 9 and it had changed quite a bit by then with everyone skiing it but it was still fun.

The snow being made on upper organ grinder seemed much wetter and stickier than the snow being made yesterday on downspout and lower organ grinder. Maybe temps were better yesterday.

All in all a good day this morning.
    The grooming on Steins was nice. Took their time and reshaped the trail.
    Did not go to upper grinder under the guns because everyone coming off of it was pasted with wet snow. Too bad.
    Lower grinder especially germ chute was a sheet of ice from yesterday's snowmaking. Guns were getting wet as it warmed up and looks like they get to it until too late. Oh well, more base. All things considered not a bad day of skiing.
    Think Snow!!!

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!!! Everybody. Hope all you guys up there today have a drink with Shawn today.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!!! Everybody. Hope all you guys up there today have a drink with Shawn today.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    what?
    I think he already had a few drinks with Shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I think he already had a few drinks with Shawn.
    He should, it's Fat Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    what?
    Just do a translation........

it is what they say in NOLA during Mardi Gras. It means Let the good times role. Sorry I jjust came from there and I guess I am in the spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Just do a translation........

it is what they say in NOLA during Mardi Gras. It means Let the good times role. Sorry I jjust came from there and I guess I am in the spirit.
    And I thought you may have hit your head on the darn shelf in the men's room ������

Funny you should say that. I saw a kid nearly knock himself out on that shelf just two weeks ago. He even cut himself on his forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    And I thought you may have hit your head on the darn shelf in the men's room ������