Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Very good skiing on the groomers today.

2016 game on

Upslope squall could drop 2-5 "

Cm
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wolftracks56; 02-10-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftracks56 View Post
    Upslope squall could drop 2-5 "

Cm
    Looks good on the webcam! Anything to even cover up the brown spots.

3-6" for sure more up high

The snow miser paid a visit to SB last night
    snow-miser.jpg

Hawk-you skiing tomorrow? I'm driving up tonight.

Today day 44, usually over 60 by now. Best day of the year for sure. Still have to watch out for obstacles - be careful. 8-9" and still dumping hard. Cold.

Figures it would start snowing again right before the weekend I'm not going up.

Not tomorrow. Saturday. Work is killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Hawk-you skiing tomorrow? I'm driving up tonight.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Ducky, you ski waaaaay to much. I think the rest was good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Today day 44, usually over 60 by now. Best day of the year for sure. Still have to watch out for obstacles - be careful. 8-9" and still dumping hard. Cold.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

A couple points as we head into the President's week holiday period:

They dropped the ropes on pretty much everything over at Mt Ellen (except Black Diamond) and a couple natural snow trails over on LP. I will say this, though: the snow that has fallen in the past 24 hours is very light and fluffy. Its not enough to cover a lot of the bare spots. As tempting as some trails may look, those that are closed are closed for a reason. Just three days ago, they were bare ground. I had to chuckle a little bit to myself when I saw a boarder come out of Egan's Woods on Wednesday and onto Lower Birdland. Those trails where the ropes have dropped will get skied off pretty quickly. Skier's left of Hot Shot was bare ground the other day and by the end of today, some bare was already showing.

It's going to be COLD this weekend. Highs Sat and Sun probably won't get above 0 and we're already under a Wind Chill Watch. I overhead some people say today was really cold. Today will feel like a heat wave compared to what's being forecasted for temps over the next couple of days. Be safe, take breaks, and look out for each other.

Slide Brook probably won't run this weekend, even if there was enough natural snow in the basin for the evac roads. Temps will keep it from spinning as it has to be I believe at least 5 deg. Stay warm, take the bus.

Enjoy the snow and the mtn, be safe, and have a great weekend!

funny thing is shady - the weather we will have this weekend, is pretty much the weather we had all winter last year. Lets hope this cold keeps up - I'll take cold over rain any day!

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Skier's left of Hot Shot was bare ground the other day and by the end of today, some bare was already showing.
    I have not been up in a while. are the snowmaking trails thin? I am getting worried ski season will end in mid march this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I have not been up in a while. are the snowmaking trails thin? I am getting worried ski season will end in mid march this year.
    Most trails on the mtn took quite the beating from last week's warmup/NCP event. That's why snowmaking is pretty much back in earnest at least for the next few days. A TON of snow was made on Downspout and now they're going back to Birdland, Murphy's, Stein's, Spring Fling, and Racer's. Murphy's has taken a hard hit. It was quite thin - that's the reason it's been out of the grooming plan for so long. Birdland is thin too. Over at Mt Ellen, the condition of trails after the thaw was "rugged". The mood today on the mtn was probably as optimistic as its been since sometime around MLK weekend. Amazing what some snow and a surprise pow-day can do to uplift the spirits. A lot more spirits would be uplifted if the forecasted temps for the wknd were about 20 deg warmer. That would put us at about +20 deg F and that would be just fine.

As far as how long the season will last, it depends on numerous variables, among them, the temps for the next 1-2 months, weather patterns/storms (snow or NCP), etc. Let's hope for more normal temps and some significant dumps, like a more dense snow, followed by a nice refresh like what fell today. I'd still like a chance to ride Castlerock this year.