Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

I agree Howie. It seemed pretty busy to me too. Even the trails at ME seemed more crowded than usual on a Saturday. The base lodge at ME was packed when I went down there as well to get a new pass after somehow losing mine (someone actually found it as later on when heading up the Summit quad I saw it sitting on the control panel. I expected the clip to be broken but it wasn't so I really have no idea how it came off my jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Thought the mtn was surprisingly busy this weekend. Was it me?

Think the new valley house lift is working like a charm. Tons of traffic on snowball
    F-lot

Nothing to do with the chair.
    Last edited by steamboat1; 02-01-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Think the new valley house lift is working like a charm. Tons of traffic on snowball
    Saturday was extremely crowded. But I found that surprisingly the crowds Dissipated on Sundqy.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

What is the snowmaking plan after the thaw? Full capacity on re-surfacing 24 hours a day or just nights?

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Saturday was extremely crowded. But I found that surprisingly the crowds Dissipated on Sundqy.
    Maybe a lot of daytrippers? My condo complex parking lot was less crowded this weekend vs last weekend.

Yes, Saturday saw around 7,600 visits and Sunday just over 6,000. Those are very strong numbers for a non-Holiday. The new lift is doing just what we hoped for.

Agreed. A lot of skiers on that side. Moonshine, Twist, Eden, the Mall, etc were "thin cover" to the extreme, so they were almost empty. Stein's was unpleasant ice-whales. So everyone was crowded onto the groomed snowmaking trails. When the natural trails improve, things should spread out. Even with the heavy traffic, most of Spring Fling was in decent shape into the afternoon on Saturday. Unfortunately it was a crusty hardpack skied-off side-skidding groomer track mess below Springroad. As was the section of Racers Edge just above the NASTAR course. Quite a shocker for the uninitiated.

The crowds looked big. But I never waited more than 3 or 4 minutes for a ride up. The new lift is a yuge improvement.
    Last edited by southvillager; 02-02-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Skiing Stein's this past Saturday was probably the most difficult run I've taken this entire season. Downhill ice skating at it's finest.

There were a few times we looked up Fling and it looked like Downspout, escpecially below Spring Road since Racer's Edge is closed for Nastar. Skied great on Sunday with hero snow

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    Skiing Stein's this past Saturday was probably the most difficult run I've taken this entire season. Downhill ice skating at it's finest.
    it hadnt been groomed, right?

Nope. Not groomed. if you stayed on the far right edge it wasn't that bad but the middle was pretty slick. Hey they blow it wet. What do you want.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Nope. Not groomed. if you stayed on the far right edge it wasn't that bad but the middle was pretty slick. Hey they blow it wet. What do you want.
    I assume they left it ungroomed because of the forecast and rain tomorrow. but it wasnt blown wet. the weekend before it was dry and silky snow.

Skiing Stein's this past Sunday was probably the most fun I've had on the mountain this entire season. A downhill terrain park at it's finest. Absolutely edgeable soft snow every square inch of the trail. What a blast! Must have down 5 or 6 top to bottoms in a row because I just could not stop myself. Did not ski it Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    There were a few times we looked up Fling and it looked like Downspout, escpecially below Spring Road since Racer's Edge is closed for Nastar. Skied great on Sunday with hero snow
    You are making me question weather the lift was an upgrade. Maybe the race course should be on slowpoke. I don't think that trail gets much use anyway. I would just be worried about people zooming down pushover to get to it.

It was an upgrade from the standpoint you can get out of the base area faster between that and Bravo. It has made that section of the mountain much more crowded which is a negative for me. That is one of my favorite areas on the hill. I do like the new lift though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    You are making me question weather the lift was an upgrade. Maybe the race course should be on slowpoke. I don't think that trail gets much use anyway. I would just be worried about people zooming down pushover to get to it.