Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Yea...the quality of the snow being made was fantastic. Great job by the snowmakers!

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Yea...the quality of the snow being made was fantastic. Great job by the snowmakers!
    Yep, completely agree - they are doing a great Job. Personally, I love the new snow guns and the product they put out. I also love that they are so much quieter than the old guns. Skiing on sunrise yesterday was awesome. Can't beat a day with blue sky and no wind.

groomed snowmaking trails are good. some natural trails also good, some not so good. we need snow.

Some new snow would be welcome. Moonshine and Twist were great on Friday, but I bet they are skied off by now. Still, overall, conditions were pretty good this weekend when you consider how bleak it was in late December.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    groomed snowmaking trails are good. some natural trails also good, some not so good. we need snow.
    Yep,... We definitely need some more snow. But, it's certainly better than what we had in December.

Today @ Solitude

Craig Spear and I were skiing Solitude today after 3 days @ Powder Mountain. Tomorrow we ski Snowbasin. We will try our best to send some of Utah's white stuff east when we leave. We will both be back to Sugarbush this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Heaven's Gate on double secret wind hold

7:22 AM

**GMX, Heaven's Gate, Inverness, Village Double, North Lynx & Heaven's Gate are on wind hold.**

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Heaven's Gate on double secret wind hold

7:22 AM

**GMX, Heaven's Gate, Inverness, Village Double, North Lynx & Heaven's Gate are on wind hold.**
    Village double on wind hold, but not gate house. I am not sure it is possible for village double to be hit with worse wind than gate house.

Think about the weight of those tiny double chairs and the weight of those large Quad chairs. The double chairs swing a lot easier. That would be my take.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Yep, completely agree - they are doing a great Job. Personally, I love the new snow guns and the product they put out. I also love that they are so much quieter than the old guns. Skiing on sunrise yesterday was awesome. Can't beat a day with blue sky and no wind.
    Glad everyone's enjoying it. Some of those piles on Stein's and Sunrise were MASSIVE! Got out to do some runs yesterday - had a great day!

Brief break, but we'll be making snow again soon... purely under the cover of darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Glad everyone's enjoying it. Some of those piles on Stein's and Sunrise were MASSIVE! Got out to do some runs yesterday - had a great day!

Brief break, but we'll be making snow again soon... purely under the cover of darkness.
    Down to the 5 coldest nights? Staff getting a little smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Down to the 5 coldest nights? Staff getting a little smaller?

Did SB get any of that "R" stuff today?

Yes, being reported as base consolidation.

I heard that the snow reporter was sacked after suffering serious injuries skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I heard that the snow reporter was sacked after suffering serious injuries skiing.
    That is not true.