Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

who's in for the steins challenge?

https://www.sugarbush.com/event/steinschallenge-040916/
    Last edited by phin; 03-23-2016 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added link

Anyone ski today? Report says 4" of new snow but looking at the web cams you wouldn't be able to tell...was expecting nice snow covered trees and such on the Heavens Gate cam.

That's gotta be the biggest "storm" in three weeks lol. Would've loved to rail that...over the tip depths. 4" you can actually not see your skis as they are schussing under the pow. Gotta go search the web for pow shots from today.
    Last edited by tedwillie; 03-24-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Two fell meted, two more fell=4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need playback on the snow stake cam to verify that. Cool feature I've seen at I think park city or steamboat sites.

I do like snow stake cam btw. Just wish there was more use for it this season.

Win can you add playback for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    We need playback on the snow stake cam to verify that. Cool feature I've seen at I think park city or steamboat sites.

Wait...what snow stake cam? Am I missing something?

It's on the app on android. Haven't seen it on the web site.

Btw double click on the webcam images in the app and they stream.

It jinxed us!!!

It's on the app on android. Haven't seen it on the web site.

Btw double click on the webcam images in the app and they stream.
    Web-site is my main info source and I haven't seen it there.

Just checked the iPhone app and don't see it there either (unless I need to update the app first). I knew about double-tapping on the webcam images in the app though to make them stream.

Just checked and it is on the app on an ipad mini. Might need to update.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Wait...what snow stake cam? Am I missing something?
    Yeah holy crap is there a live snow cam at Sugarbush I've been missing for years?!

I spend a good deal of time lurking on ski forums and have never heard of that in the east.

Sweet day on the slopes. Rising above the clouds this morning was a special treat.I'm so happy I got up early. Softening nicely on the lower mountain and the kids were loving Gate House laps.

Sad to see this be the final weekend for Gate House and Mt Ellen but its gotta come sometime.

Also had an interesting lift ride with someone today on Super Bravo. Either a snowmaker or former snowmaker maybe? I couldn't place it but said person seemed to be "in the know." This person said that in the last couple days something has happened to the snowmaking intake system down at the Mad River. He seemed to say its a good thing they have all summer to fix it because the initial report he heard was it was a fairly significant issue. And that it wouldn't be cheap and the permitting to do anything near the Mad River is going to be a pain in the ass. He said its like a $1 million dollar intake pump and system?

Anyone know any details? It seemed secondhand and now i'm telling it thirdhand.

Nicest spring skiing day I've had in years. Beautiful.

Snow stake cam? Who knew?

Nice spring day went out early right as sun poked through ,caught sweet corn peel as it was popping even hit ripcord ,rode with my bro sully and his two ripping girls for some laps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tedwillie View Post
    Sweet day on the slopes. Rising above the clouds this morning was a special treat.I'm so happy I got up early. Softening nicely on the lower mountain and the kids were loving Gate House laps.

Sad to see this be the final weekend for Gate House and Mt Ellen but its gotta come sometime.

Also had an interesting lift ride with someone today on Super Bravo. Either a snowmaker or former snowmaker maybe? I couldn't place it but said person seemed to be "in the know." This person said that in the last couple days something has happened to the snowmaking intake system down at the Mad River. He seemed to say its a good thing they have all summer to fix it because the initial report he heard was it was a fairly significant issue. And that it wouldn't be cheap and the permitting to do anything near the Mad River is going to be a pain in the ass. He said its like a $1 million dollar intake pump and system?

Anyone know any details? It seemed secondhand and now i'm telling it thirdhand.
    In the winter we put in a dam that allows us to withdraw from the river into the pond. The dam had to be taken out by March 15 or whenever safe to get into the river to do that. When we took it out we noticed that some of the cement footings seem to have moved. When the river is lower we will have to inspect further and see what needs to be done so everything is set for next winter.