Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Dunzo. Our last scheduled day was President's Monday.
    From Mortimer Duke,... "turn those machines back on"

Here' the clip if you don't remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPZn4rbiB8g

Now I'm trying to lighten it up a bit,... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3lshY4PwI4

looking forward to some heavy stuff in the form of snow!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Now I'm trying to lighten it up a bit,... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3lshY4PwI4

looking forward to some heavy stuff in the form of snow!
    Two great movies!

100% open tomorrow again with hiking to CR. Paradise the trail will be closed for the Jr. Castlerock Extreme until it ends but access over to CR is open. Stein's will be winched so early morning turns on it will be worth it. Should be a really nice day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    100% open tomorrow again with hiking to CR. Stein's will be winched so early morning turns on it will be worth it. Should be a really nice day tomorrow.
    Thanks for the tip Win. Freshly tuned skis to bomb steins, then rock skis for CR. Sounds like a good day.

Has everyone else used the rock skis way too much this year

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    save some for the rest of us working stiffs.

anyone want to meet for a beer in the CRP apres tomorrow?
    I had actually planned to take this past Friday off from work over a month ago. The timing just happened to work out. Early in the week I was thinking I picked a bad day...

One of these weekends a beer in CRP would be cool. Would be nice to meet some of the people on here.

https://www.sugarbush.com/blog/wins-...ical-snowfall/

So fourth worst season on record.
    Last edited by Benski; 02-29-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    to date. if we dont get something going in a hurry, this season can still end up being the worst.

Thanks Win.

not much consistency between the forecasting outlets for this upcoming weather event Tues -> Wed.

mountain-forecast is being very generous at the moment while single chair weather blog has already folded the hand.

hoping for the best and prepared to skip work.

Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    not much consistency between the forecasting outlets for this upcoming weather event Tues -> Wed.

mountain-forecast is being very generous at the moment while single chair weather blog has already folded the hand.

hoping for the best and prepared to skip work.
    Seems that some of the models changed from this morning, hopefully they are right.

Anyone up there who can report on how things went last night into today?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    to date. if we dont get something going in a hurry, this season can still end up being the worst.

Thanks Win.
    I looked up Killington's, Stratton's and Mount Snow's snowfall totals. All are in the 50's. I guess we are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I looked up Killington's, Stratton's and Mount Snow's snowfall totals. All are in the 50's. I guess we are lucky.
    3" Tuesday night. Weekend is looking like sunny and in the 20's.

It seems like quite a few resorts decided to resume making snow this week and this weekend. Ie Mount Snow, Killington, Sunday River, Stratton, Loon to name a few(there are about dozen more). Even smaller resorts like Wachusetts, Cannon and Wildcat turned their snowmaking back on. I know SB said they are done for the year making snow but with a big warm up coming next week, what is this going to do to the snowpack on the trails. Will they loose a lot of their trail count going into next weekend? Will they loose the entire North Lynx side of the mountain? Will we be skiing just the spring routes on the second week of March? Or have they had any thoughts of turning the snowmaking back on to resurface some of the thinner trails to maintain a respectful trail count for the second weekend of March?

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    It seems like quite a few resorts decided to resume making snow this week and this weekend. Ie Mount Snow, Killington, Sunday River, Stratton, Loon to name a few(there are about dozen more). Even smaller resorts like Wachusetts, Cannon and Wildcat turned their snowmaking back on. I know SB said they are done for the year making snow but with a big warm up coming next week, what is this going to do to the snowpack on the trails. Will they loose a lot of their trail count going into next weekend? Will they loose the entire North Lynx side of the mountain? Will we be skiing just the spring routes on the second week of March? Or have they had any thoughts of turning the snowmaking back on to resurface some of the thinner trails to maintain a respectful trail count for the second weekend of March?
    It is what it is. Make the best of it, ski what is open. The winter has sucked. I don't blame them for not wasting money snowmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    It is what it is. Make the best of it, ski what is open. The winter has sucked. I don't blame them for not wasting money snowmaking.
    2016 Game OFF

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"