Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Yes, its a shit sandwich. hopefully less of the shit and more of the bread
    With the "shit" that we are getting - at least you have a good send of humor - thank for the chuckle!

Here is a little good news. As of noon on Wednesday it had started cooler than the forecast and the precip is still frozen. The skiing this morning was fast and like skiing on cream cheese. A really nice morning for those who got out and quite a few did. Unfortunately, it will be turning to rain later today and overnight, but it looks like it may end with some snow. That would make a big difference. Then I am optimistically looking at the middle of next week. We want March to come in like a Lion.
    Last edited by winjr; 02-25-2016 at 10:36 AM.

2016 game on

Just got off mt nice dense snow with freezing rain sleet on top , pure butter stayed on groomed had a Gang of Four in totall all smiles bracing for another hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the hill, was better than expected! Nice creamy surface, however I got pretty iced up and soaked for "mostly frozen" precipitation . I guess this season freezing rain and sleet is a win.

Was hoping the morning report saying it may stay all snow up high would be correct, but alas not much snow but good sleet that accumulated 1-2" of sand along with ice on the trees.

pure butter...

cream cheese...

i personally prefer skiing on neufchatel

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    With the "shit" that we are getting - at least you have a good send of humor - thank for the chuckle!
    Gallows humor.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Here is a little good news. As of noon on Wednesday it had stared cooler than the forecast and the precip is still frozen. The skiing this morning was fast and like skiing on cream cheese. A really nice morning for those who got out and quite a few did. Unfortunately, it will be turning to rain later today and overnight, but it looks like it may end with some snow. That would make a big difference. Then I am optimistically looking at the middle of next week. We want March to come in like a Lion.
    Curious. What's the lowest recorded seasonal snowfall at the mtn? We gotta be challenging some futility record.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Curious. What's the lowest recorded seasonal snowfall at the mtn? We gotta be challenging some futility record.
    Good questions. I am not sure but will look at our records. CR chair by the way has run only 12 days. In a mediocre season it normally runs around 55 days. That probably sums up the winter.
    The mountain held up reasonably well after the rain and temps will be dropping throughout the day. Looks like we will have some snow this evening and fingers are crossed for more than an inch. Groomers will not be on the mountain until later shift and we will likely open Gatehouse side on time and then open the Bravo side later as we continue to groom in the morning. This will not only make for a better day tomorrow but with a second groom Friday night will make for a much better Saturday and Sunday. The snow making trails held up well and surprisingly the naturals did not lose a lot. Just about to head out for some soft spring-like turns.

Any chance for some snowmaking refreshing or dunzo?

Skiers positive attitudes in such a trying snow year should be applauded. We all love to be on the mountain, as long as the lifts are open or we can skin our way to somewhere. Unfortunately, Even though I want to travel north this weekend, I will not be able to, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the positive spin on the conditions. Take a spin for me please.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Unless something changes,... this could be the first year i don't break even on my pass (price/ski day is actually less than a ticket)
    Quote Originally Posted by phin View Post
    Sitting at $83/day right now, ugh.
    I don't even have a pass & did better. Two $30 Thursdays at Mt. Ellen & one $43 VT. pass at both LP & ME (yes Slidebrook was running) puts me under $35 per day.

Awesome 7" new snow! Can't wait to ski tomorrow now.

Let's hear about those faceshots from the hill.

I'm amazed right now. Really sweet powder out here on the upper mountain. Glad I came up last night even with the rain yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I'm amazed right now. Really sweet powder out here on the upper mountain. Glad I came up last night even with the rain yesterday.
    save some for the rest of us working stiffs.

anyone want to meet for a beer in the CRP apres tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Any chance for some snowmaking refreshing or dunzo?
    Dunzo. Our last scheduled day was President's Monday. We built the depth on Stein's, Snowball and Spring Fling and Coffee Run to last through April. As we were shutting down the pump on the Coolers blew. We had not planned to blow again, but this sealed it until the pump is repaired. Glad it happened when it did. The groomers can now keep us in good shape with the snow we have.

Real gift last night. The early turns on Ripcord and Upper Grinder were awesome. It should be a really nice weekend.