Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Shady, don't they usually hit Steins, Murphys, Birdland, Sleeper and the rest of Middle jester first before NL? it is usually last.
    Usually Steins is after North Lynx.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    And technically speaking they already hit bird land and Murphy's last week although I'm sure they need more at some point. Haven't seen them since before they groomed out the piles.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwillie View Post
    What's with the snow report these days?

9" summit 3" mid and 4" base? I'm no weatherman but something seems off. Summit has been getting like three times the rest of the mountain this season. I dont remember it ever being as varied as this season.

And why does the written get updated at 6:30, the snowfall box at 7, and at 720 the phone still isn't updated? All other area mountains have it all updated by like 630 at the latest.

Maybe I'm just jealous I'm not there for this powder day...but the consistency of the most viewed and monitored information at the resort needs to be looked at.
    I read the same report this morning and was kind of chuckling. 9" at top; 3" at mid and 4" at base? Hah?? If this actually happened it belongs in Scientific American

So got out finally today for the first time since before Christmas. Yeah, I know, I've been slacking, and to be honest, I haven't really been missing that much. But today the powder was nice! Birdland and Murphy's have both been pushed out and groomed over the past few days. Birdland rode a lot nicer than Murphy's. When I left, they had dropped the rope on more terrain, including Hot Shot, Sleeper, etc. Guns were still going on Hot Shot and Pushover.

Looks like we're moving up to North Lynx tonight, concentrating on Birch Run to hopefully get that open for the weekend, as it is a holiday weekend and it helps take pressure off Gate House. May also be running towers on Sleeper. We will see what happens. I'd guess with us pulling off of Hot Shot, it'll probably be groomed by the weekend as its a key intermediate run for the Gate House side.

Trail count is back up to 87. Amazing since just a couple days ago it was thundering, lightning, and raining heavily. Still some bare spots out there, especially on the natural snow trails. Be wary of waterbars, rocks, and such and a hard surface beneath on some trails.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    I read the same report this morning and was kind of chuckling. 9" at top; 3" at mid and 4" at base? Hah?? If this actually happened it belongs in Scientific American
    Haha scientific american. yeah could be a meteorological journal or something as to how that happens. we've seen some big ranges this year. 3-9" between mid and summit...then there was the 1-6" day a couple weeks ago.

They do state they have stakes in locations that aren't affected by wind as this post on facebook today.

________

Sugarbush Resort We have top/mid/bottom snow stakes in sheltered spots, so no drifts, with regular rulers attached, checked by Patrol, groomers or snowmakers each morning.

________

Youare shittin me if 9-3-4 isnt wind affected or drifted.

hoping to see some deep blower pow shots of that 9"...face shots galore?

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    So got out finally today for the first time since before Christmas. Yeah, I know, I've been slacking, and to be honest, I haven't really been missing that much. But today the powder was nice! Birdland and Murphy's have both been pushed out and groomed over the past few days. Birdland rode a lot nicer than Murphy's. When I left, they had dropped the rope on more terrain, including Hot Shot, Sleeper, etc. Guns were still going on Hot Shot and Pushover.

Looks like we're moving up to North Lynx tonight, concentrating on Birch Run to hopefully get that open for the weekend, as it is a holiday weekend and it helps take pressure off Gate House. May also be running towers on Sleeper. We will see what happens. I'd guess with us pulling off of Hot Shot, it'll probably be groomed by the weekend as its a key intermediate run for the Gate House side.

Trail count is back up to 87. Amazing since just a couple days ago it was thundering, lightning, and raining heavily. Still some bare spots out there, especially on the natural snow trails. Be wary of waterbars, rocks, and such and a hard surface beneath on some trails.

ENJOY!!!
    Thanks Shady for your work and the reports.

temperatures are more than ideal tomorrow so wondering if this gets done. The Mtn really doesnt get going until north lynx is open.

Whatever. Amount of sno fell we need it had4-5 at condo Never thought it could come back this decent but skiing was good today !!!even did runs under guns which were sweet, pretty dry. Product for the most part things will get polished and worn if we don't get more hope it storms this weekend sharpen up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Usually the last. NL spreads people out,

Win - any idea when Slide Brook will come on line?

As you know we need the right snow depth to get snowmobiles carefully it to the towers. We will check tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    As you know we need the right snow depth to get snowmobiles carefully it to the towers. We will check tomorrow.
    I heard quite a few people asking out loud on lift rides this past Saturday why Slide Brook wasn't running. I gave the answer of "probably not enough snow yet under the lift" to anyone that would listen

Wow you guys have been getting the best dumpich in the east yet still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Wow you guys have been getting the best dumpich in the east yet still complain.
    Nature of the beast. We live in an I/Me entitled society today. Askimg questions is fine, which is the purpose of this forum. But there will be those who always complain instead of being thankful.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

There are valid complaints and there is Bitchin. I for one will point out what I see. Good and Bad and usually it is pretty fair. What I will not do is sit around like Paulianna and look at everything through rose colored glasses. It is not in my make up. Some see it as an attach on the management but it quite the opposite. I am trying to affect change for the better.

The one thing that I have always thought is that Win Smith and Summit Ventures have transformed this mountain and made it a beautiful place to ski. The buildings, the landscaping the vibe are excellent. My only real want/wish is a better snowmaking system because that is where I came from and really know. Most on here disagree but I honestly think that they really have no idea what that is all about. It's all ok. They inherited the system and infrastructure here and are dealing with it the best they can with the capital they have. I honestly am so invested here at Sugarbush that I can't see going anywhere else.

Stan I really wish I could be super positive like you but it is not in my make up. You have a gift. But also if you don't say anything and blindly go forward, things stay status quo.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Hawk, you also have to realize that SR basically has an unlimited use permit to pull water from the Sunday River. I'm not saying the system couldn't be upgraded to take advantage of the times when water is abundant, but I have to imagine that there are times when the natural recharge and water level of the Mad River actually make it difficult to run what we have.

Regardless, things have really improved over years past.