Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    It seems like quite a few resorts decided to resume making snow this week and this weekend. Ie Mount Snow, Killington, Sunday River, Stratton, Loon to name a few(there are about dozen more).?
    Not to nitpick...but I thought over on AlpineZone people were complaining that K wasn't making snow anymore and that the SuperStar piles are smaller than last year...

As for Sugarbush, only time will tell how what they blew holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Not to nitpick...but I thought over on AlpineZone people were complaining that K wasn't making snow anymore and that the SuperStar piles are smaller than last year...

As for Sugarbush, only time will tell how what they blew holds up.
    Killington only has had 56" this year. Sugarbush effectively had more firepower earlier in the year. I hope they are still making snow. I just bought a ticket for a bus trip to killington next weekend so they better not loose too much snow. Its going to be very warm next week.

So I see they reopened CR for hiking. Anyone think it will be decent? I'm tempted to take a hike tomorrow because I fear I may not get to ski CR this year otherwise.

The mall went from glaciers to skiable with the last bit of snow. Given that CR had better cover before the last r@$n (I have not seen it after), my guess is that it will be OK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I skied Castlerock yesterday. It had 1" of powder on top of some crusty, firm snow. It was just so, so......opted not to hike it today since I didn't think it was worth it.

I hiked it twice today and thought it was a lot of fun. First run did castlerock run to cotillion to lower lift line. Second run did cr to hi road to lift line to lower rumble and lower part of cotillion. Good workout and cover was surprisingly good. Bumps a bit firm but very edge able and enjoyable in my opinion. Was also nice to avoid the crowds.

Nice....glad it worked out.

"Tonight our grooming plan will include FIS, and with the big whales knocked down and the trail smoothed out, it's our pick of the day tomorrow."-wins word today. When did they make snow on FIS? I thought they stopped making snow after presidents week but wouldn't that mean the whales would have been nocked down by now.

I hit FIS today. Pretty nasty. They made snow there a month ago roughly. Mt Ellen is only open three more weeks.

FIS hasn't been groomed yet this year up to this point I'm pretty sure. So the whales they made early on are still somewhat there other than what skier traffic pushed around. Those backsides of those whales were pretty firm a couple weeks ago when I last skied FIS.

I m guessing mt e Will not make it three more weeks this year lets face it it keeps getting worse stick a fork in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made snow there in early January. Did they leave the whales there for a month and a half? Let's be glad we at least got 2X the snow southern Vermont has.

went up to jay this past friday to get some tree skiing in. it was well worth it.

i thought this past weekend at the bush ended up being better than i had anticipated. ski patrol looked pretty busy though -- lots of spills/collisions. the collision that happened next to the bravo lift line did not look good. hopefully that lady ended up being okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    They made snow there in early January. Did they leave the whales there for a month and a half? Let's be glad we at least got 2X the snow southern Vermont has.
    Yes and yes I still keep holding out hope for a big dump, but as we go along it seems less and less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Yes and yes I still keep holding out hope for a big dump, but as we go along it seems less and less likely.
    same here. keep waiting and waiting.... unbelievable.