Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I am very impressed by the work of the mountain ops team since my last visit right before Christmas. It looks like a ton of snow was made. The new lift is very cool as well. The redesigned area at the end of VHT is excellent. Job well done on that too.
    Meanwhile, spring fling was open. Nice snow out there today. Middle earth was great.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Meanwhile, spring fling was open. Nice snow out there today. Middle earth was great.
    Yep, spring fling skied really nice today - not sure why it was being reported as closed. I did chuckle every time I skied it. Great snow everywhere. I love the new lift - I kept thinking I was going to go over the edge of the conveyer����. Amazing what a job was done over the past week with the snow making and the additional natural snow. As long as it does not get too crazy tomorrow, I would not be surprised if more stuff opens up next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Spring fling sure was open and skied beautifully.

My first ride today on the new VHQ. The modifications at the top make that intersection so much safer. Amd the snow making on Spring Flimg & elsewhere is extrenely impressive. Natural snow trails are what I would expect. Ski them if you can. I am extremely impressed about how far we SB has come this season. Kudos to the entire management team and all mountain employees.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    My first ride today on the new VHQ. The modifications at the top make that intersection so much safer. Amd the snow making on Spring Flimg & elsewhere is extrenely impressive. Natural snow trails are what I would expect. Ski them if you can. I am extremely impressed about how far we SB has come this season. Kudos to the entire management team and all mountain employees.

Thank you. It was good to see you yesterday.

The new chair is very nice, smooth quick ride. It will be interesting to see how the mountain skis with crowd dispersement when 100% open with the new chair

Looks like SB is in for a pretty good weekend with a few storms rolling in. Just wondering if anyone knows when they are going to open North Lynx triple area?
    p.s. skied over the weekend and the mountain was in great shape considering the lack of snow this year. Great job to the mountain crew.

They hit hot shot/waterfall, easy rider and sleeper pretty hard over the last couple of days, no sign of snowmaking on north Lynx yet. Conditions at the end of the day today were thick dust on crust. Should groom out fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsider View Post
    They hit hot shot/waterfall, easy rider and sleeper pretty hard over the last couple of days, no sign of snowmaking on north Lynx yet. Conditions at the end of the day today were thick dust on crust. Should groom out fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Would guess they need 3 days to make snow to open north Lynx, and they haven't even started yet, so doubtful for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsider View Post
    I was thinking they hadn't started sleeper yet since there was no mention of it in the snow/trail report yet. Nice to hear they started it already. That pretty much leaves North Lynx and Steins at LP as the major areas they haven't hit with at least some snowmaking yet then. If they switch over to snowmaking on NL tomorrow, then I think they would have a shot at it for the weekend if Howie's 3 day estimate is right (and that sounds right to me from what I remember) and if snowmaking temps hold of course. It may warm up a bit later this week, but NL also has an elevation advantage over the trails they are hitting now down lower on Gate House. If they still need to keep the guns going on the current GH trails a bit more, then the chances for NL being even a possibility for the weekend would go down. If not this week, then I would think by next weekend it would be ready (assuming no surprises in the weather).

No North Lynx just yet. All the ground gear is on Hot Shot/Waterfall and is needed there. Also will be needed on Sleeper. I don't believe Sleeper's been fired up yet, then again I haven't worked since Sunday night. And oh what a night that was. Walking in slush to frozen hardpack in a matter of hours, and firing up Hot Shot/Waterfall for the first time in some gnarly winds. I'll see what happens when I'm back Thursday night.

I am out of town for a business trip but when I spoke to the team yesterday the plan was to try to get NL for the weekend. It does require a lot of land gear given the acreage. Sleeper also needs land gear as there are only a few spots where towers can be used. If plan has changed I will let you know later today.

What's with the snow report these days?

9" summit 3" mid and 4" base? I'm no weatherman but something seems off. Summit has been getting like three times the rest of the mountain this season. I dont remember it ever being as varied as this season.

And why does the written get updated at 6:30, the snowfall box at 7, and at 720 the phone still isn't updated? All other area mountains have it all updated by like 630 at the latest.

Maybe I'm just jealous I'm not there for this powder day...but the consistency of the most viewed and monitored information at the resort needs to be looked at.
    Last edited by tedwillie; 01-13-2016 at 07:11 AM.

They have never been totally up to date with this. I would bet they never will. That would mean that a person would need to be dedicated full time to skiing the hill and giving live updates. You are not the first to mention this believe me. When they first come in they report a guess based on the grooming people and what they see on the ground. Later the ski patrol reports back and they updated. I suspect that the 3 at mid mountain has to do with the winds whipping around. I can't ski until the weekend so it is what it is and I will find out exactly how much on Dawn Patrol Saturday morning. At least that is the plan right now.

I was also hoping that NL would stay closed for another week so we could some quiet in the back country. But as I said, it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedwillie View Post
    What's with the snow report these days?

9" summit 3" mid and 4" base? I'm no weatherman but something seems off. Summit has been getting like three times the rest of the mountain this season. I dont remember it ever being as varied as this season.

And why does the written get updated at 6:30, the snowfall box at 7, and at 720 the phone still isn't updated? All other area mountains have it all updated by like 630 at the latest.

Maybe I'm just jealous I'm not there for this powder day...but the consistency of the most viewed and monitored information at the resort needs to be looked at.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Shady, don't they usually hit Steins, Murphys, Birdland, Sleeper and the rest of Middle jester first before NL? it is usually last.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    No North Lynx just yet. All the ground gear is on Hot Shot/Waterfall and is needed there. Also will be needed on Sleeper. I don't believe Sleeper's been fired up yet, then again I haven't worked since Sunday night. And oh what a night that was. Walking in slush to frozen hardpack in a matter of hours, and firing up Hot Shot/Waterfall for the first time in some gnarly winds. I'll see what happens when I'm back Thursday night.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!