Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 game on

Really nice out there today. A good amount of folks out there as well. The new snow groomed in nice but I found it was pretty sticky higher up. My run from Jester to Snowball via the traverses would've required some unstrapping/one-footing if not for a friend letting me use a pole. Once I started heading down Snowball, it felt like the snow got less sticky and more wet/slushy, allowing me to move faster. Granted, its been a while since I've waxed my board, though it seems to move pretty quickly on wet conditions (I was flying around the mtn Monday).

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    The snow reports in general are a pet peeve of mine...I just read some older reports from back in 2011 and they seemed so much more personal back then. Each report was unique and engaging. The reports now are somewhat boring and robotic for lack of a better way to put it.
    Different snow reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Different snow reporter.
    Right, wasn't it Mark back then or something like that? He honestly wrote some of the best snow reports in the industry whoever he was. Nothing against the reports today as they get the key information out there, they just aren't as fun and interesting to read.

Right, wasn't it Mark back then or something like that? He honestly wrote some of the best snow reports in the industry whoever he was. Nothing against the reports today as they get the key information out there, they just aren't as fun and interesting to read.
    I believe it was John Atkinson when it was good, accurate and consistent.

fwiw-I like the video snow reports, but wish the music was better.

I knew I remembered a Mark from somewhere...he was doing the videos back then which is why I'm thinking he did the snow report too (I could be wrong though). I thought John took it over later on sometime after Mark. John's e-mails still list him as the Lead Snow Reporter in his signature, but not sure if he's actually writing the reports now or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ha0_3qpps

Mark used to do the video and reports. Kept them pretty entertaining too. Saw him at the mtn last weekend. He's still around, but I don't think he's doing much at the mtn now. Maybe an ambassador.

dude someone get mark back on the horn.

Cool to know Mark is still around. His reports were definitely my favorite. So enthusiast no matter what!

Cool to know Mark is still around. His reports were definitely my favorite. So enthusiast no matter what!
    No you are right! It was Mark and I think it was a full time gig for him back then. He was the one who wouldn't report snow until it was a "fat Sugarbush inch"..none of the like heavy dusting calling it an inch. He was awesome. Now it doesn't seem like it's anyone's full time job as their are like 4 people you will hear on the snow phone. Often different people morning and afternoon. It must be hard and lead to inconsistencies when it's not just one person doing every report like some other mountains.

Just look at the temps and the webcams and read the snow report for what it is- marketing. If you follow the weather daily and have been around the mountain long enough you know what the conditions are.

Unfortunately, this year, it did not matter who was doing the report,... most of the reports sucked!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Unfortunately, this year, it did not matter who was doing the report,... most of the reports sucked!

Thank goodness we got on to snow reporting late in the season. This blog has been way too positive this season 😎. Always love and appreciate
    the passion. Thursday was day 100 for me so signing off for the season but hopefully will see many of you on the slopes in the weeks ahead and
    even May1st.

Quote Originally Posted by winjr View Post
    Thank goodness we got on to snow reporting late in the season. This blog has been way too positive this season ��. Always love and appreciate
    the passion. Thursday was day 100 for me so signing off for the season but hopefully will see many of you on the slopes in the weeks ahead and
    even May1st.
    Was this the first season that the Lincoln limo didn't run at all (other than the alyn's lodge dinner thing)?

At the rate things are going, we'll be down to just steins with any snow left before long. This weather is really wrecking havoc on the trails. Crazy how quickly things are disappearing.

At the rate things are going, we'll be down to just steins with any snow left before long. This weather is really wrecking havoc on the trails. Crazy how quickly things are disappearing.
    High temps, winds and dew points will do that. Yesterday was a disaster.
    And it should freeze up good late tonight. Can't imagine a worse set up,for conditions tomorrow.